Citifinancial Retail Services / Bad business practices

1 Rocklin, CA, United States Review updated:

I have been having one problem after another with these goons...
I purchased a Bed through Sleep Train Mattress Center, back in May 2008
They extended me 36month Free Financing... what a crock of ###.
First off... They Began calling me in regards to a late payment/No payments, even though my Bank had been receiving CLEARED CHECKS, CASHED from my account, with CitiFinancial Retail Services, and MY ACCOUNT number on them.
Second problem Ive had with these goons... once I cleared it up with them that I had actually been paying them, they began sending the bill to me AFTER THE DUE DATE in Aug and September, and eventually just not sending the bill at all (November 08 through January 09).
Now I send the checks in my own personal envelope, with the minimum payment, since they cant get their act together to develop a web address to receive Payments ONLINE I receive phone calls any where from 2-9 times a day... everyday from these goons... when i pick up, it is an automated service. "Please stay on the line for an important message from CitiFinancial" - at which point the phone call ends. I have received calls as early as 5:30AM and as late as 11:20PM
I am sorry... I feel these goons should be taken out of business... I know they are a subsidiary of Citi... and as such they should be shutdown for bad business practices. I work for a different Citi company and I understand that it is NOT Citi, it is the CitiFinancial Retail Services company that should be put out of our misery. I have submitted complaints to the customer service line several times and have not gotten a satisfactory response as of yet. I think they are sweeping me under the carpet, I know there are others in my position... I have one bit of advice, PLEASE DO NOT DEAL BUSINESS WITH THESE GOONS.

Va

Comments

19th of Feb, 2009

We purchased furniture from Rooms 2 Go & have never received a bill. We get solicitation mail with the wrong name on it, as well as on the card. I am unable to locate an online bill pay & do not receive bills. How are we supposed to pay this? We get calls saying our payments are past due but there is no payment no interest until 2013. I have already cut up one citi card & vowed never to do business with them again. We were not told it was Citifinancial until after the paperwork was signed. I would never have purchased with that lender. I will NEVER do business with the store or CITI again!!

• Aa
      13th of Oct, 2009

Ditto, we are having the same problems with a Tempur-Pedic mattress we purchased from Mattress Discounters in Antioch, CA - 5891 Lone Tree Way #B, 925-706-0550.
    --When I discovered, after about 30 days of the in-home trial, was that the mattress did not help my back problems. In fact, it aggravated the back pain and I was waking up with back and neck pain nearly every day. I wanted to return the mattress per the TV advertisements that you get a FREE, 90-day, in-home trial. The TV ads, I might mention, say NOTHING about the fact that (as we found out later), in order to get the 90-day trial, you must purchase directly from Tempur-Pedic, either online or at one of their stores.
    --I called the store. They said, "Too bad, your sales contract said you get only a 60-day free home trial, and your purchase is financed by Citifinancial Retail Services, who carries the credit line for your purchase, " which we already knew. We had previously received a credit card-appearing piece of plastic with the notation "Mattress Discounters" on it, as well as "Citifinancial Services." The Mattress Discounters sales person went on, "You cannot just return the mattress and have it credited to your Citifinancial Retail Services account. Your credit balance with them can ONLY be applied to another purchase, and ONLY from this store."
    --I called Tempur-Pedic customer service (from a phone number found on their web site), and was told by their rude and tart customer service rep, "Oh, well, you didn't purchase the mattress directly from us, did you. Too bad! You are 'stuck' with it." Huh??? Mattress Discounter and Tempur-Pedic have a contractual arrangement with each other to sell the product in the Mattress Discounters stores. These people are just two partners in "crime, " each one blaming and passing the buck to the other.
    --We have no kind words for either Citifinancial or Tempur-Pedic. We also found out that the original purchase agreement at Mattress Discounters said we got a 60-day in-home FREE trial and 12 months to pay on a "same as cash" basis, and if paid off completely within 12 months, there would be NO interest charges. This arrangement is NOT exactly free. We are now being billed $19.00 per month as "minimum payment due."
    ***We will NEVER again having any dealings WHATSOEVER with both Citifinancial Services and Mattress Discounters. We will also file formal complaints with both the Better Business Bureau AND the California Attorney General's office. We live in Antioch, CA, and are in a position to pass this information along to ANYONE who will listen. We strongly advise ANYONE never to deal with Mattress Discounters or Tempur-Pedic.