Citifinancial / That is a scam

Financed Furniture bought at Haverty's through Citifinancial. However, they didn't mail a statement until the 1st bill was late so they charged a $39 late fee and finance charge, after we went to Haverty's and told them we haven't got a bill yet- they said don't worry- you will!! Yes- we did FINALLY- What a great deal- it was suppose to be no interest until 2011- so much for that. Charged a late fee before we even get a statement- I say that is a scam. Don't fall for it- they waste no time screwing it up so you will pay interest, like not mailing the statement until the payment is late.

Va

Comments

• Re
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I agree!!! I had this same problem I have still been unable to get this fixed. Now I currently have several problems with this company and what they are doing!!! This is only one of many problems I am haveing with them!! I have no way to check the bills other that what they send me!! Have three accounts 1 is being finiance and two that are 1yr same as cash but they do not apply the money to the right accounts and will not change the payments and apply them to the proper accounts even though the bills clearly state what accounts they are to!! And the intrest rate is 24.99 which is over the top!!! The customer service is clearly in need of an adjustment!!! This also concerns me after seeing that my tax dollars may possible be used to help this company!!! This is one company that should not be bailed out!!!

• Gr
      31st of Aug, 2010

citifinancial is a scam! they prey on innocent victims charging a whopping 25% interest retroactive to the first day of the purchase. buyer beware! citi is behind many store private label credit cards!