Citifinancial / Rip off
On the day of closing on the sale of the house I was buying, the mtg. broker called and said banking laws had changed and I need double the down pymt I had been approved for, and they had it already set up w/Citifinancial-just stop and pick up a check.
The check was for $9500, @ 21% interest, which has been reported to the credit bureaus as $15, 600. I felt I had no choice but to take it at 2 hours before closing- that, or be homeless. I paid a personal visit to branch mgr. Cindy Sandburg, who told me they would reduce my interest rate and lower my payment, then the story changed over and over again. Citifinancial was totally UNWILLING to work with me in any way.
So, my philosophy on that is, if you're in the business of screwing people, and they are, then you deserve to be screwed also. What goes around comes around. Why does this company punish its customers? That makes no sense to me, and I desperately would love to see them investigated for consumer fraud, misrepresentation, loan sharking, extortion, and whatever else could be thought of.
I have never run across a company so willing to financially rape its own customers-do they honestly think that will make them want to do business with them in the future?
More Citifinancial Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions 
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance. 
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation 
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats! 
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method 
- CitiFinancial Servicing - personal loan application
- CitiFinancial Servicing - home depot credit card
- Citifinancial - cancellation of credit life without authorization and then when death certificate sent as requested selling the mortgage to bayview.
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to find a loan
- CitiFinancial Servicing - release of ohio auto title