Citifinancial Auto / Paid off account

1 1938 Country Manor W CSLNorth Vernon, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-317-442-3267

On 6-18-02 we obtained an auto loan from Auto One now known as CitiFinancial Auto. This past Feb 4th of 2009 we paid the loan off by personal check. The end of Feb. we received our title and a congratulatory letter that confirmed the loan was paid in full. May 5th, 2009 I received a letter stating that there was a remaining balance of $1059. The letter ask that I send my original contract and continue making my monthly payments. I called the rep. the very next day which was the 6th of may. The rep told me that my check was returned for imaging on May 4th. He did not know what imaging was. I continued to call daily to resolve this. The original payoff was $1047.62. I should not incurr anything above my payoff amount. No one at your company can tellme what imaging is and they cannot tell me where the check is, so I called my bank to stop payment, cost of $25.00. I was told on the 8th of May to call John Heath on May 12, 2009. I called him on the 12th, 13th and 14th. and left messages. To this date May 20.2009 I have not received a return call. I ran my annual credit report and it shows my CitiFinancial Auto account as being paid in full on Feb. 2009. I want this resolved at no extra expense to me I paid this in good faith and have had nothing but problems since doing so. I would not recommend CitiFinancial Auto to anyone that I know. I guess my question is how can you release the title and release the account on the credit report and then 3 months later send a letter stating that there is still a balance. I don't feel your process of payments makes any sense .

Thanks for your time

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Da
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I had a loan with citi auto that was paid off early we over paid them. They sent out title and letter said refund would be with title then 2 weeks latter they took another auto payment and said they will not refund they money and it would put account in delinquent status. If they sent out title to car letter paid in full may 20, 2009 then took payment may 27 2009 how our they intitled to this money and will not re fund it

• Da
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I am having the same problem with them except they did sent me the title and they were actully overpaid 500 dollars that was to be sent with the title. it was not and now they are saying that if the return my money it will put my account in collections .

• Wh
      22nd of May, 2009

I would suggest talking to the Branch Manager when you call, and then ask to talk to his boss, and keep going up the chain until you get this resolved.
    You can also start a blog with the title saying something CitiFinancial Auto Sucks! and explain your story just like above. ask people to comment and voice their opinions.
    Since your credit report says its paid off contact a lawyer and let them know you need the title but they are not releasing it even though your credit report says that there is no outstanding balance.
    Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.
    John