Citibank / Citimortgage / trying to purposely default their customers

1 SC, United States Review updated:

So we have a mortgage through citimortgage and this company which is becoming larger and larger with every breath is trying to default your mortgage on purpose. I have tried for days over a week now to pay my house payment online as I always do and guess what their site is down. they keep telling me they are working on it.in the meantime they suggest I pay them over the phone an additional twenty dollars to do a phone payment. yeah right. my payment was due on the first with a late payment occuring after the ninth. the late payment will be $9.77. well as of today they have called me everyday since the 2nd of the month which was one day late on my payment, they have called 5-10 times a day. I will not give these scammers a dime of that late fee I will go to my grave with that money and they are now going to see what a media ho I am cause starting today I am going to go to every media outlet I can find and complain about it. don't trust citibank they will screw with you something terrible!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Gi
      14th of Oct, 2010

So get this. I had paid late one month ONE MONTH by a few days. The next month the sent me a notice of default. Paid on time every time except this time by a few days. This is because they would NOT ALLOW me to make a partial payment and then make the rest in a week. If they allowed me to make a "good faith effort" and pay at least 3/4 of the payment on time. The website only allows full payments so I called in to make a partial payment. The lady on the other end in so many words said, too bad we cannot accept partial payment and a promise to pay the rest. Seriously, in this day an age I would think they would want to work with you to prevent foreclosing.

I feel I have this notice hanging over my head now and that anytime they can just pull foreclosure when they want. This is only because I have read on this site and others they have done this to others. I WANT TO KEEP MY HOME and I PAY ON TIME>

• Da
      9th of Mar, 2009

I will completely agree with you, that CITIBank is a government backed bunch of theives. I ended up receiving my sears card through them. No big deal, got the 0% interest until 2012 and was told no payments for the first 6 months. Then 2 1/2 months later, I have citibank calling my home, cell phone, and work numbers insisting that I send them payment immediately that I could only have the 0% interest, or no payments first 6 months, not both. This wasn't how the deal was made, but finally I decided to just make payment and continue on. Over 3 weeks for them to allow me to pay online. The dirty cheats locked my account online to start with. After an hour on the phone, that was unlocked and I was told I'd have to wait the 6-8 days for my checking account to verify. On the 8th day I go back on to make payment and because I'm now late, I get hit with a $35 late fee and told I can't pay online until my account is verified. These people are the modern day pirates of the financial market. Stealing our tax dollars to intern screw those they took it from. Only "CHANGE" I'm seeing with this new and great government the Democrats promised is the national deficit tripling and my credit score taking a nose dive. Thanks again for being another big talking liberal who does jack ### for our country, but set us back...