Citi Mortgage Home Loan / terrible experience!

P.O. Box 9438Gaithersburg, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-283-7918

CitiMortgage messed up my Escrow account and my taxes did not get paid. I found out less than a month before the date the county was scheduled to claim my property. I called and opened a ticket and the money was in my escrow account. I was told the issue would be resolved in 24 hours. I called back a couple of day later, only to find out the ticket was closed and no one knew anything more. So they opened up a new ticket and this time told me there was no way to resolve this quickly. We escalated the ticket, but that didn't help. They told me NOT to go pay the taxes, that they would research it and take care of everything. They said they would call me back; no one ever did.Finally, within days of the county claiming my property, I went and paid the taxes myself. It's been over a month PAST the final due date and no one ever contacted me and I still cannot tell if they did anything at all. I would expect to at least see a credit, a notation, SOMETHING on my account, but I do not.I can't believe how out of hand this got! Now I want to cancel my escrow account and they want to charge me $500! This is ridiculous. I didn't make a mistake. I was told escrow was optional. $500 doesn't sound optional to me.

Comments

Bo
  7th of Feb, 2008
Bobby sayz dat citimortgage b hangn wit da nostril pickers. they left my sorry ### on hold for 1hr 30 min + and when da did answer da couldnt help a brother. da screwed up my escrow and didnt pay my taxes or insurance, pimp dat ###, mo fo's. doughs mo fo's could not get my statement droped in my box on time either. dat sheetz was shown up da day before it was due. i did a refi wit an estblishment dat meets all my needs and lowered my interest. u people @ da citi are bad......... very.... very bad pimps just tring 2 trip me up and take my deed. u people left in there need to get out, quick, fast n a hurry, sho-a-nuff. Bobby
Jm
  12th of Feb, 2008
I believe you are entitled after that type of screw up to request that your escrow account be returned to you for processing without a fee. If I were you I would open a claim with the Attorney General's Office and request a cease and desist order under fair debt and collections practices act. Also ask for reimbursment of any and all fees associated with the mistake and demand that the escrow account be placed in your custody. I would also demand an inconvenience fee for the headache and hassle that was associated with this mistake.

JM
Mr
  29th of Mar, 2008
I purchased a new home back in Oct. The title company paid the 2007 taxes at closing. I recieved an escrow analysis from CitiMortgage, who purchased my loan back in Dec. They have increased my payments $400 a month. They stated that they paid the 2007 taxes out of my escrow but since my 1st payment was in Dec., my escrow was not enough to cover the taxes. I did some research with the county tax office and they have NO record of Citi ever paying anything. Citi should Never have paid ANYTHING since the taxes were already paid back in Oct. I am a little scared since I have been researching complaints with this company and have seen MANY like this. They say they opened an investigation into this and it should be resolved in a week. I just pray that they get this resolved before my payment is increased. With all this paperwork that I have stating that the taxes were already paid, am I cleared from having to pay this extra $400 or should I wait and see what happens and get an attorny if needed? I am a 1st time home buyer an would really like some advice. PLEAS HELP!!
Da
  31st of Mar, 2008
My wife and I just bought a house at the end of February and still have not made a single payment. Our loan was sold to CitiMortgage and we received an escrow account statement in the mail, not only are they escrowing our home insurance (which they were NOT supposed to do) they claim that our taxes this year are $22, 000 (on a $177, 000 new construction property) and our monthly payments are increasing by $3, 000.

We are currently working through this issue, I hope it gets resolved soon, but after doing some research today my hope is fading.
Je
  6th of May, 2008
did you ever resolve your issue with citimortgage? They have not paid my property taxes for 8 months, and give me the run around. They always say"you need to wait..." Amount due went up from 229 to 304. They claim to have sent payment but County shows nothing!!! What a nightmare. First American is the third-party involved, but they are not helpfule either. Who can help ?!?!

Any suggestion on dealing with them, tips?
Se
  11th of Sep, 2008
I have had my Citimorgage account for a couple of years and yes I have had the same issues with the rate hikes on “taxes”. I called the local tax office and they say the amout they get is around half what Citi claims to be paying out in taxes. I have sent several faxes to Citi with NO response. I wish everyone that has this issue would call the local news stations and show the rest of the public what kind of crap they are pulling. I too had my original mortgage bought out by Citi and the tax problem came up within a couple of months after they took over the loan. Will the BBB help in this issue? I don’t have the money to have my payment raised two time a year.

Any suggestions to help me out of the Citimortgage grip.

Sean
Ma
  28th of Nov, 2008
I HAVE MY OWN HORRY STORY, BUT I BET, TOGEATHER WE ARE STRONGER, IF ENOUGHT OF YOU FOLKS CONTACT ME I WILL LOOK INTO A CLASS ACTION SUIT. BUT WHAT I'M MOST INSTRESTED IN IS THAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED NOW. THEIR WEB SITE GIVES ALL THE INFO THAT THEY DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND OR KNOW EXIST, GO TO CITI MORTGAGE.COM- NEW MEMBER AND FILL OUT THE INFO, YOU WILL THEN ACESS ALL INFO TO YOUR ACCOUNT THAT THEY APPARNLETY DON'T KNOW EXIST. YOU CAN SEE YOUR PAYMENT, HOW IT IS SPREAD OUT, YOUR ESCROW ACCOUNT, YOUR PENATTIES, ETC. STUDY, STUD STUDY THE SIGHT !!! IT DIDN'T TAKE ME BUT A COUPLE OF HOURS AND I FIGURED OUT HOW THEY WORK OR CHARGE ME. I 'M FROM LA. SO IF I CAN- YOU CAN!!! I CALLED DAILY, FOR 3 TO 4 HOURS AFTER UNDERSTANDING THEIR FIGURES AND I DELT WITH THE FACTS FROM THEIR WEB SITE! ASK FOR A MANAGER TO SPEAK TO YOU AFTER YOU HAVE STUDY AND UNDERSTAND THIEIR WEB SITE. I AM A FORTUNATE ONE I HAVE APPROX A $501.00 DOLLARD HOME NOTE BECAUSE OF FOLLOWING INTREST RATES AND DOING THE CORRECT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME. BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T START NOW. CONTACT ME I HAVE SO MUCH MORE INFO. MY EMAIL IS winman_2001 yahoo.com.
Se
  9th of Oct, 2010
Something needs to be done about this ..
my daughter and son-inlaw are experieiincing the same issues with citimortgage. This is criminall and the Government needs to investigate. A class action suit something needs to be done and there is strength in numbers.
please contact me any information you may have or any actions that have been taken against the company
seasalt1958@gmail.com