Citi Mortgage Home Loan / terrible experience!
CitiMortgage messed up my Escrow account and my taxes did not get paid. I found out less than a month before the date the county was scheduled to claim my property. I called and opened a ticket and the money was in my escrow account. I was told the issue would be resolved in 24 hours. I called back a couple of day later, only to find out the ticket was closed and no one knew anything more. So they opened up a new ticket and this time told me there was no way to resolve this quickly. We escalated the ticket, but that didn't help. They told me NOT to go pay the taxes, that they would research it and take care of everything. They said they would call me back; no one ever did.Finally, within days of the county claiming my property, I went and paid the taxes myself. It's been over a month PAST the final due date and no one ever contacted me and I still cannot tell if they did anything at all. I would expect to at least see a credit, a notation, SOMETHING on my account, but I do not.I can't believe how out of hand this got! Now I want to cancel my escrow account and they want to charge me $500! This is ridiculous. I didn't make a mistake. I was told escrow was optional. $500 doesn't sound optional to me.
More Citi Mortgage Home Loan Complaints & Reviews
- CitiMortgage - loss draft dept 
- Citimortgage, Inc. - not following home affordable modification program guidelines 
- CitiMortgage - here is email for ceo of citimortgage 
- Citi Mortgage - refinance hassle 
- CitiMortgage - bi weekly and loan modification issues 
- CitiMortgage - insurance check made out to me and citimortgage
- CitiMortgage - tax lien on my property when I totally satisfied my mortgage in 2012
- CitiMortgage - unethical behavior
- CitiMortgage - customer service complaint
- CitiMortgage - mortgage/loss and mitigation