Circle K / do they really care for their employees?

United States Review updated:

Wow!!! I thought I was the only employee out of all the other Circle K stores that had problems. Lets see the problems first started when I had strep throat. I came in thinking I could handle the 8 hours shift but 2 hours into the job I eventually got worse. It got to the point where if I stayed any longer I would have passed out. I got weak and was coughing. I asked my supervisor if I could take the rest of the day off. Let me say one thing...STREP THROAT IS SERIOUS. (& I hope she reads this since this woman lives and breathes Circle K like its the only thing that should matter in everyone's life.) Anywho, I offered to show her proof of how bad it was, I had the white pus all over my tonsils to prove it. She just said "eww, I don't care you're not going anywhere" and walked away. I was more furious than ever. Eventually, after she left, I texted her and told her I was going home because I couldn't handle it anymore. Here's what happened, she yelled at me (I hung up), and CUT MY HOURS!!! WTF kind of woman does that.
Next event that happened was a few months back. I was working with a wonderful co-worker and she was minding her business doing her job in the cooler and stocking it. She and I are the only ones who stock the place right and re-organize it after the other lazy workers decide we can do the dirty work and clean their mess up. We spend an average of 2-4 hours in there, because it takes us that long to make it look exceptional for my supervisor we turn the cooler off and on. So the assistant manager, who offered me a raise to slap her where the cameras couldn't see, decides he wants to go in there and yell at her. By the way, he was off the clock and drunk, according to company policy no employee should be in the cooler unless clocked in and working. So he yells at her and just laughs at her while she cries. We called our supervisor and all she had to say was "...he's always like that, don't let him scare you." Guess what the outcomes were, co-worker left, assistant manager got a better job. Umm..there's something wrong here. This just downright pissed me off.
So after being there for pretty much a year my grandmother was admitted in the hospital and doctors called us in to say good bye, my grandma by the way is doing much better, I told my supervisor about the situation and SHE ASKED ME, "do you want me to give you the week off?" When I said yes she got upset about it. When I got back to work I found that my hours had been cut once again. And today I'm facing a choice between losing my job or quitting.
I'm sorry Circle K but your business, company policies & the supervisors you hired are just downright stupid. Who does this? Are you guys really this heartless to do this to people? Do you just love putting people through this & wasting their time as well? I hate to say this but after today I am no longer an employee of your so called company. I'm done dealing with your people.

Comments

• Ex
      Jun 24, 2012

Notbworking for circle k is the best thing ive ever done for myself and my family. they r all the same!!! store managers and district managers are all in it for each other and not u (the ones who actually work)

• Di
      Oct 17, 2012

I agree with you. I'm a very soft-hearted person. If I hear a sob story I'll do everything I can in my power to help someone. I did with Circle K & just got screwed over again. So I finally had the guts to quit. I think my acne from the stress has gone away. :)