Cincinnati Bell Fioptics / network and tv freezes

1 St Bernard, OH, United States Review updated:

We switched from DirectTV to Cincinnati Bell Fioptics a year ago and have had constant problems with the TV picture freezing and the Internet network freezing. I've had two different tech's out and have called in the problem but have never got it resolved. I keep getting a message that we have a duplicate IP address on the network. I check all 3 laptop IP addresses and they are different but the gateway is the same. Anytime anyone goes into Youtube or Netflix the whole network locks up. I just don't get it. We bundled to save money which was good but the constant freezing/locking up of the internet is frustrating.

Bi
Jul 10, 2013

Comments

• Ad
      26th of Aug, 2013

We switched to fioptics in april, the sound is horrible, we have to wait for the box to reload everytime when turn the tv on. It was not the right move to leave time warner for cincinnati bell. The bill was really high the first time, we had to pay for the installation while it was supposed to be offered. If you think about changing, I do not recommend to make the change, even the internet speed is not better. and we always have to wait for wireless connection. bad bad bad.

• Ke
      21st of Feb, 2015

Have had constant issues of TV lagging and unable to stream or run wifi on devices when paying for 5O mbpm!Have called their nonexistent tech support numerous times and had technicians out to not to have issues fixed, and it was proven they installed me only 30mbpm!!! Complete fraud! Higher bills than promised and charges not disclosed! Can't understand a damn thing they say when you call and they seem to have no knowledge of the system or equiptment. DO NOT go with Fioptics! We are switching back soon! Worst customer service I have ever experienced!

• Me
      9th of Jun, 2015

Just FYI ...if you got Mbpm (minute) no wonder you have problems. Maybe you mean Mbps (second) LOL. Anyway...scared to get rid of my direct TV just yet, but will try the Internet service. 😊