Having problems with Cincinnati Bell?

Cincinnati Bell reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 16, 2009. The latest review Service and false offers, delaying customer transfer to charge customers was posted on Dec 22, 2020. The latest complaint bad service was resolved on Dec 26, 2013. Cincinnati Bell has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 31 reviews. Cincinnati Bell has resolved 10 complaints.

Cincinnati Bell Customer Service Contacts

1888 246 2355 (Customer Service)
+1 513 566 4101 (Customer Service)
+1 866 541 9042 (Small Business Sales)
209 W 7th St #1
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cincinnati Bell Customer Service. Initial Cincinnati Bell complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cincinnati Bell above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cincinnati Bell. Discuss the issues you have had with Cincinnati Bell and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cincinnati Bell Complaints & Reviews

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics — network and tv freezes

We switched from DirectTV to Cincinnati Bell Fioptics a year ago and have had constant problems with the TV...

Cincinnati Bell — termination fee

I called into Cincy Bell to inquire about what my termination fee would be if I terminated my contract with...

Cincinnati Bell Fiopticshorrible service

I had Cincinnati Bell Fioptics installed in early September and have had nothing but problems since. I do not receive all of the channels I am paying for and my internet is also very slow. I have had 8 technicians out to my residence to "fix" the problem and I still have the same issues. I have called tech support and customer service countless times and each time I get a better story from them. I have been told to go to the bar and watch television, my cable can not be fixed, it is a network problem and the best one so far is "your microwave is the problem". I finally asked for a refund on my bill and was told once they have a solution they will reimburse me. I pointed out that in 7 months they have yet to be able to provide a solution so why all of a sudden now will they have a solution when I am asking for a refund. Customer service has to be located in India or Pakistan since you can not understand a word any of the people working there say. This is by far one of the worst companies to deal with!

• Ci
      CincyBell Mar 13, 2013

Hi Dean76,

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. I'm sorry to hear about your experience! Can you email me your account # and a convenient contact # so we can reach out to you? Email me at [email protected] with "Fioptics TV, attention Katie" as the subject line.

Thanks!
      Katie
      Cincinnati Bell
      Social Media Team

Cincinnati Bell Fiopticslied to about monthly bill

Sales guy came to house sold me on the Fioptics plan with internet. I was told it would be $145 + taxes first month free then after a year it would go up $10. Received my bill and they added a $130 service charge and the monthly bill was $181.95!! Imagine my shock, I called only for the guy to say I can't do the price we promised but I will wave the $130 service fee. I said email me the information and I kept him on the phone opened my email and it was still the $350 + bill. WOW needless to say Im not paying any more then $145 + taxes and then I WILL BE CANCELING service and going back to Insight.

P.S. Three of my neighbors have had the same issue!!!

• To
        Tommy Baldwin Nov 04, 2014

I was lied to as well and the salesman won't return my calls. My bill still is not right after 2 months.

• Ci
        CincyBell Mar 05, 2013

Hi russell.mike--

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you email me your account # and a convenient contact # so I can look into your bill for you? Please email me at [email protected] with "Fioptics bill, Attention Katie" as the subject line.

Thanks!

Katie
        Cincinnati Bell
        Social Media Team

Cincinnati Bell/StarTekfraud

I worked for Cincinnati Bell/StarTek! Both of these companies are frauds! You never get your paycheck on time nor is ever the correct amount for the hours you have worked. They wanted me to lie to customers pretendiing to adjust their bill and downgrade services. Actually all we were doing was adding products to the customer they didn't need just to make their bill go down! We signed a contract in the office saying if we had system issues we would still be paid. That was a LIE!! I am not persuing legal action against both companies for breech of contract. BEWARE of Cincinnati Bell, they are fake! The have fired several Cincinnati Bell employees that have been there for YEARS so they could outsource sending jobs to Costa Rica and Phillipines paying less money to workers. They have teamed up with StarTek to hire people in at $9.00 and hour working from home. Because of StarTek and Cincinnati Bell, hundreds of people in Cincinnati have lost their jobs! The fioptics internet and tv are a joke. They work barely half the tme, I had several complaints from customers about that, and once you have fioptics you cannot go back to regular cable. I suggest Time Warner to everyone. It is a better cable company with cheaper and better packages. They also are not outsourced!! This place is a BIG JOKE!! BEWARE PEOPLE.. They are a scam!!

• Sm
          Smith2424 Jan 02, 2014

Agreed!
          This happened to me before. Go to HR. If that doesn't do the Job then go over the OM's head. I no they say do the whole chain of commands thing- but in this case, go to the top! Don't worry, eventually someone will slip up and he will get the pink slip.

hokeypokey Dec 22, 2013

StarTek -So another girl at work told me this OM/TL thing is also true. Worse than that is the fact she said it has been going on for some time now and that others are also aware and have done nothing either-possibly even someone in HR!!! No wonder my stuff is always messed up!! So I need to know what to do?!?? She is willing to speak to someone w me, so maybe his boss? Would it be better if we went in together or separate? I hate that I'm going to feel like a rat, it's just not okay anymore. It should not be okay

hokeypokey Dec 22, 2013

So another girl at work told me this OM/TL thing is also true. Worse than that is the fact she said it has been going on for some time now and that others are also aware and have done nothing either-possibly even someone in HR!!! No wonder my stuff is always messed up!! So I need to know what to do?!?? She is willing to speak to someone w me, so maybe his boss? Would it be better if we went in together or separate? I hate that I'm going to feel like a rat, it's just not okay anymore. It should not be okay.

Hokey Pokey in the office Oct 22, 2013

Someone should look into the StarTek OM having inappropriate relations w/ girl TL and/or individuals under him. It's not fair they get special treatment!!! He's a new OM also- he should now better. Why is this tolerated. It's not fair to the rest of us!!!

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics — selling a service and not providing it

I was told that if I switch from Insightbb.com to Zoomtown.com I was going to save a lot of money and I would...

Cincinnati Bell — scams

I have dealt with cincinnati Bells hidden charges for over a year now. They have raised my internet bill by...

Cincinnati Bell equipment charges

I had Cincinnati Bell's cable and internet service while living temporarily in an apartment after a fire at my house. Please note CB does not offer service at my house. When the service was installed, the installer hooked everything up including setting up the internet on my laptop. No modem was left with me but now I'm being charged $100 for something I never had. Anybody else have issues being charged for equipment they either returned and didn't get credit for or are being charged for equipment they never had?

Cincinnati Bell bundle rebate

Was sold the Directv Bundle with $100 rebate. I did everything as instructed. I am entitled to the rebate and the first denial was that I did not activate Directv. I sent them my Directv bill showing activated within the required time. Then I was approved again, then another denial letter, called again, approved again. No check, checked on line. The same thing with Directv not activated. I called again, the person acknowledges I am entitled. I still have all the Cincinnati Bell services and I doubt if I will ever get paid. Being a web developer, I think it is time to build a Wordpress website and enlist everyone that has been cheated and let others be warned through the blog. If I can solicit enough with factual information, it could be handled with a class action suit or at least through the Attorney General's office.

• Ra
              Randel Clark Jan 08, 2014

Don't get cincinnati Bell energy For the first year the rate was low, but know it's almost twice as much as Duke
              Duke .0559 Cincinnati Bell Energy .0899 They don't tell you after one year they can charge anything. Save your money STAY WITH DUKE

Cincinnati Bell — charging early termination fee

I having cincinnati bell wirless phone from last 2.5 years.On Feb 2008 when i got lots of issu from the...

Cincinnati Bell terrible company

I have been using Cincinnati bell for many years. I have had few problems with their wireless services till now, usually they can take care of them within reason. However this time everyone I have contacted seems dumbfounded. I bought a Sony k550i about a year ago for over $200. Now I wish to give it to my son so he can stay in contact with his new wife who is in he Navy and just deployed to the Middle East. IT IS LOCKED TO CINCINNATI BELL, and they refuse to unlock it. It is MY phone and the kicker is, if I can unlock it I plan to buy the Blackberry Curve FROM THEM and set it up to use wi-fi!!! A $300 phone!!!

Can anyone explain to me why, after you move on to a newer model phone your old one MUST be thrown in the trash? Why can't it be unlocked and given to someone else who can't afford a phone as nice and who desperately needs it? He lives in Virginia Beach and uses Cingular.

They act as though they can't unlock it and I know thats not true, there are plenty of unlocking programs online but no-one wants to try it with a Cincinnati Bell phone.

I am interested in a class action suit against any and all cell phone companies who lock their phones. There is already legislature working its way through the ranks to make it illegal. If I buy a car at a dealership I do not have to fill it up with gas there forever...

• Je
                Jeanine859 Jun 20, 2013

Cincinnati Bell is the worst company I have ever dealth with. They have left my 90 year old grandfather without phone service for going on ten days due to their own mistake! I can contacting the Secretary of State as well as the Better Business Bureau.

• Ky
                KYgirl2010 Jan 07, 2013

I agree. I have been a customer with Cincinnati Bell for almost 2 years now. Every time I call their customer service line I am put on hold for a long time, transferred to the wrong department, etc. When I finally get to talk to a live person they are never able to help me and tell me to call a different number which brings me back to the same person. In addition, I have had a lot of problems with my Internet service and getting a technician to come to my house to fix it. I am moving to another apartment within my complex and it does not recognize my address on the website even though I am a current customer!! I am considering switching to another provider when I move. I would strongly discourage anyone from signing a contract with this customer. I have never experience worse service from a company before.

• La
                Larry Spruill Sep 07, 2012

CINCINNATI BELL ARE CROOKS!!!
                My wife has a prepaid phone from them and she needed more minutes. So she calls to get more minutes. She paid $37.10 for Minutes with her Bank debit card. They never gave her the minutes and took the money out of her checking account. She called customer service and all they did is play dumb plus they are foreign and she could not under stand them. They told her the did not take money from her checking account. She had to call her bank to get help we are still fighting to get her money back are just add the minutes she paid for.

• Br
                Brian Jackson Feb 26, 2010

I agree. Cincinnati Bell Wireless is a very deceptive and poorly run company. Their bottom line is to save money at whatever cost. I signed up with them about two months ago and have nothing but problems with their network. Avoid them at all costs. I have a new Blackberry with them and constantly have dropped calls, poor voice quality where it cuts out and echoes, network busy messages, missed text and voice messages, and picture messages that won't go through. Literally everyday, there is something not working on their network. It is very unreliable. Plus, the coverage in the Cincinnati area is very poor. There are many dead zones throughout the city. Try to call their joke of a customer service line. You have to wait at least 30 minutes for a live person that doesn't speak english and who isn't willing to help you. If you go out of town to say Columbus, Ohio or Charleston, West Virginia you will not be able to send or receive text or picture messages. It's ridiculous. You pay good money for their text plan and you can't even use it everywhere. This company is a joke.