CIBC / Unauthorized charges
I have a very very low income. I wanted to set up a low fee account. He quickly showed me the pamphlet for accounts and told me that the $10 a month account would be right for me because it has unlimited transactions without additional fees. Another cheap account HE told me has a $3.00 fee for 10 transactions. another $3.00 for each transaction is charged after 10 transactions.
The information he told me was wrong I found out week later. The $3 does cover 10 transactions, but it's about .25 for each transaction after 10 transactions. I told him I don't use my account 10 times a month therefore I shouldn't need to pay $10 a month just use an account.
Another problem I had, I opened the account on Friday. On Monday I couldn't take any money out and there were no holds on any money. I was able to check the balance and do other things, but the money held from me. I called the telebank and went straight to my branch and had them take the security bar off. Even the workers at the bank were baffled as to why my money was barred from me.
More CIBC Complaints & Reviews
- CIBC - Poor customer service 
- CIBC Mortgages - Mortgage Arrears 
- CIBC - terrible customer service with CIBC in regarding to the fraud issue 
- CIBC - made up policies 
- CIBC - Estate issues; or how to make money disappear
- CIBC - cibc mortgage
- CIBC - credit card closure abroad!
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - Impossible to speak to credit card fraud department from australia
- CIBC - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - LOC, account, deposit, bad branch services 
- CIBC - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - Bank accounts, payments and branch services - deliberate harassment