CIBC Bank — never open a/c with them.
Here's my experience with CIBC Bank
I opened a bank A/C with CIBC bank in 2005, because they have one nearby my home.
They have a Everyday Chequing Account which require to put $1000 to waive the $3.90 service fees.
Here is the events that pissed me off
1. One day, I deposited a cheque and need to on hold for a period of time, but after 1 month, that cheque still on hold, so I went there and asked them to check it out for me. They charged me $5 for the investigation. I think it's the obligation of the bank to check out that transaction for me, how come they need to charge me?
2. I have a GIC with CIBC, but I found their interest rate is lower than other bank. So I went to CIBC and wanted to cancel the GIC and with drawl the money. They checked all my IDs, but they still suspected my identity. They keep asking me my personal question to prove my identity. Do you think it's very hassle.
3. One time, I deposited a US bank cheque with CIBC bank, they will take it, but when the cheque is cleared, they charged me about $35 for the fees. I asked another bank, they said they won't charge it. CIBC bank looks like a thief.
4. Finally, I decided to cancel all my A/C with CIBC bank, my chequing Account have $1000 it supposes no services charges on it, but they charged me the service charges of the last month.
Now my business relationship with CIBC is terminated. I will never have business with them forever.
More CIBC Bank Complaints & Reviews
- CIBC - poor customer service 
- CIBC - estate issues; or how to make money disappear 
- CIBC Mortgages - mortgage arrears 
- CIBC - terrible customer service with cibc in regarding to the fraud issue 
- CIBC - unauthorized charges 
- CIBC visa - visa credit card
- CIBC Bank - unethical behaviour 
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - impossible to speak to credit card fraud department from australia
- CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card - aventura points are a farse 
- Cibc- Mortgage/secure Personal Loan - pre-authorise debit bounce back only one time