Chrysler Financial / payoff scam

United States Review updated:
At the end of October my 2004 Jeep Liberty was stolen and two weeks later my insurance company sent Chrysler Financial a check for the pay off amount. About 4 days later I received a letter from Chrysler saying that my account had been closed. So imagine my surprise when a week later I received a phone call from Chrysler saying that I missed my last payment and I needed to pay, even though they had a check for $9, 500. So I contacted Chrysler and they said that it was a "bad check" even though it was from an insurance company, so we needed to send another check (they gave no reason why the check was bad, so we had no idea how to fix this supposed "bad check"). So my insurance company send ANOTHER check. I called Chrysler a week later and they told me they received the check and that my account was closed. But imagine my surprise when a week after that I was getting harassing calls from a collection agency for a payment that I was supposedly a month late on. So again I call Chrysler and again they tell me that it was "bad check" but they have no idea why its a "bad check". So my insurance representative called the bank the checks were going to, and guess what, it wasn't a "bad check" it was that chrysler financial refused to ENDORSE the check! So it was sent back because it couldn't be cashed without an endorsement!!! So after a month and a half arguing with the rudest and unhelpful customer service agents, a THIRD check was sent and it seems to have finally been cashed! It took 3 checks and a month and a half for this to be settled, and I believe they purposely "forgot" to endorse the check to try and get me to pay more interest payments than I needed to pay. Also the person at the bank said that this has been happening frequently with Chrysler Financial, so beware. They have horrible customer service and their collections department harasses you constantly (even though I told them that my car was stolen and they had two checks in their possession to pay off my account). I will never use Chrysler financial again.
Ka

Comments

Wa
  9th of Feb, 2009
I agree 100% with you. Chrysler Financial is the worse company to do business with.
I was 1 month late on my payment due to sickness and hospitalization. I called Chrysler to let them know when payment would be there. I was called back and told I could do extension for the payment. I went to Western Union sent the extension payment and called Chrysler Financial and was told extension was done and I no note due till 2/10/09. About 2 hours later my jeep was repossessed and I called Chrysler to get no one. Next morning I called Chrysler and was told my extension was void and I would have to pay 375.00 for the repo+payment due+payment not due yet+275.00 to repo company . They were very rude also. I HOPE & PRAY THEY GO BANKRUPT. This is how they make their money I guess by beating their customers.

Chrysler Capital Logo Chrysler Capital