Choice Home Warranty / service and policy

1 510 Thornall StreetEdison, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-531-5403

This company is awful. They have terrible customer service and do not stand by anything they say on the phone. I had a 30 day wait period before warranty became effective as the sales rep told me for pre-existing reasons. Well I noticed my pool pump leaking on 090409 and because my warranty had only become effective on 083109, the company said this was pre-existing and did not cover it. Isnt that why I had the 30 day wait period, I bought this warranty on 073109. Over the process of this I also received poor service, so I wanted to cancel and get my money refunded, after all they dont want to cover something because I was only effective a few days. Well they will not give me a refund- why not I have only been effective a few days and already I am extremely dissatisfied. They did not call me back when they said they would. I was upset I wasnt getting answers in a timely manner as had been promised. The only one rude customer service girl they have hung up on me. I have never heard of a company that does not let you cancel with them and get a refund when being totally unsatisfied with their service.
Please check them out with the BBB as it is stated:
According to information in BBB files, the business was previously headquartered at 244 Madison Avenue in New York City. As of May 2009, that location has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB serving Metropolitan New York due to a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.

Comments

• Yv
      6th of Oct, 2009

I have reported this company to the BBB and they are still refusing to refund my money and cancel my warranty. James the supervisor said he would take action against me if I was to go to the BBB or get a lawyer. James is also listed as the president of the company. This is a scam to me, how can they refuse to refund my money when I dont want to spend the next 12 months doing business with them. And I dont know what action he can take against me, but do you think from here on out they will be at all helpful if I am in need of using this warranty for anything. What kind of company makes threats to its customers in the first place.
    This is not a company with good business practices.