Chili's / Forgery and Fraudulent Charge

1 6121 Westheimer , Houston, TX, United States
Phone: 832-251-0454

On 08 January 2011, my son and I had dinner at Chili’s Restaurant located at 6121 Westheimer Road, Houston TX. I paid for my order using my visa credit card (9960). Upon receipt of my credit card statement later in the month, I noticed the charge was much higher than what had been ordered. Upon further investigation, it has been verified by the management staff that a $15.00 tip was included with my $23.00 order.
The Chili’s management team immediately removed the fraudulent charge. After several days of communicating with the staff, I became even more concerned that the individual who willfully forged my signature may have access to my card number and security code. I expressed this concern to senior management to include the area director, Jack Elder.
On 29 January, I was in the area and decided to stop in and request a copy of my receipt. Much to my surprise, the receipt bore a forged signature with fraudulent charges. The manager on duty was less than accommodating under the circumstances. I addition, the waiter who served my son and I is still working at the establishment. He is the one who forged my signature and made the fraudulent charge.
Chili’s management team has failed miserably to reconcile this issue. I have contacted my credit card company to make them aware of the fraudulent charge. I have also filed a police report of the incident.
It is very discouraging to be the victim of thief and have no recourse. I have requested an audit of my numerous visits to that same Chili’s location, but to no avail. The management team seems to think this issue is resolved. On the other hand, I contend as long as Chili’s continues to employ people who clearly lack honesty and integrity, this issue remains unsettled. The public is entitled to know this organization condones forgery and fraudulent charges by its employees.
I shall continue to make every effort (public and private) to ensure this type of misconduct does not happen to any loyal customers of Chili’s and or Brinker International. I have forwarded a copy of this compliant to the Texas State Attorney General’s office as well as your establishment. Additional communications will be viral.