Chevron Station / condition of fuel pumps

1 Gas Point RoadCottonwood, CA, United States

I unfortunately stopped at the Chevron Station on Gas Point Road, Cottonwood (just off I-5) today to fill my vehicle. After inserting my credit card and entering my zip code in Pump #8, it refused to release the fuel, so I went inside to see if the clerk could do something to activate it. He said all he could do was to cancel the transaction, and suggested I move to another pump. I drove to Pump #7, inserted my credit card and removed it when told to do so ... and nothing else happened. No zip code request, nothing. Back to the clerk to cancel the transaction. I drove to Pump #5, on which the credit card slot was so damaged I refused to use it, walked back to the clerk and purchased $50 worth of fuel (a guess). I came back (AGAIN) to the clerk to collect my change and asked that the owner be notified that three of his pumps were defective. I was advised that the owner (an out-of-town San Jose resident) had been advised numerous times. I purchase Chevron fuel exclusively for all three of my cars (all high-end German vehicles) because I take care of them and only use the best. If Chevron cares about its reputation - and I'm sure you do - this franchisee/owner needs to up his game. What a disappointment! If you require more information, please contact me at [email protected]

Al