Chevron / unauthorized charges

I have spoken to your corporation’s customer service department numerous times over the past several months regarding our business card account. It seems that the payment on our account is late every month by one day, therefore we are charged late fees and finance charges. The California Dump Truck Owners Association is a nonprofit organization with over 1000 members and has never been late on any other account for the 70 years we have been in business. This is very disturbing to me that this is the only account we have that continues to be a problem. As the accountant for this organization I have no other choice but to close our account with your corporation and seize doing business with Chevron. It seems that I am not able to get anyone at your company to see that our payments being applied every month the day after they are due is a problem and seems rather convenient for your organization to make money off of us your client on a monthly basis.

After reviewing our account with Chevron it shows our billing cycle ends on the 3rd of the month. We have been receiving our statements on or around the 8th of the month and sending out our payments the 10th of each month. With this billing cycle there is only 14 days from end of cycle to due date. The 14 days does not include mail time for both the statement to be received by us and our company to turn around and get payment back to you in a timely manner. This billing cycle is unreasonable with all of this being said our organization feels it is necessary to close our account with your corporation.

The California Dump Truck Owner Association does still feel very strongly that a credit is due to us for the late fees and finance charges billed to our account on 5/3/09 in the amount of $51.71. As an association it is our responsibility to keep our members informed, we will be notifying our members of the billing cycle and problems we have had with Chevron; in hopes to keep this from happening to any other hard working individuals and small business especially in these difficult economical times.

Lastly, we will pass these complaints to both our State and Federal legislative representatives, Ca Better Business Bureau, Ca. Department of Consumer Affairs and the State Attorney’s Office.

Ma

Comments

16th of Nov, 2010

Did you get a reply from them? Same thing is happening with our company. We are getting a late fee...then a late fee on a late fee.

3rd of Aug, 2012

In reviewing my charge statement, account ending in 8476, (First Hawaiian Bank Charge Card) I noticed two identical charges of $8.99 each one on 6/24 and on on 6/30. Please check into these two charges as I don't recall charging these 2 identical amounts.
    My email is jnakamura5@gmail.com or my cell no. is 808.371.5420.
    Joyce Nakamura 8/3/12