Chevroletvehicle repair

A Review updated:

On Saturday August 8, 2009 my car broke down in Lansing Michigan which is about 40 miles from my home. I called AAA to have it towed. The tow guy said it would cost approximately $300.00 to have the car towed to Jackson so I asked home to tow it to a local dealer in town. We both agreed on BUD KOUTS Chevrolet. On Monday August 10, 2009 I called Bud Kouts to confirm that the Chevy Blazer was mine and I needed the car fixed. I explained that I had just got the car out of the shop on August 7, 2009 and it seemed to have the same problem as it had before. I told him they had just fixed the fuse block and repaired some wires.The repair manager said he would look into it and let me know. He then took some information about me over the phone and told me it would be $200.00 just to look at it. I told him I thought that was a bit high and he asked if I wanted him to look at it or not. I said yes and he said he would let me know what the issue was. On August 11, 2009 I called to see about my car and the repair manager said they had not gotten to it yet. I asked if he would call and let me know when it was fixed. On August 12, 2009 I called to see about the car. The manager said the repair guy was fixing it as we sopke. I asked what was the problem and how much was it, he said he couldn't say, but it would probably be around $350.00. I was shocked. I asked him how could he know that, he said the guy is working on the car now. The repair manager then said he would call me back. The repair manager called aback about two hours later and said the car was fixed. I asked him what had been wrong, he said the mechanic had to move some wires on the fuse block. I asked him how much the cost was and he said $349.30. I asked him why since they had not replaced a part, and he said because it took the mechanic four hours to fix the car. I said it took him four hours to move some wires. He snickered and said yes. I then asked to speak to the manager. He said he was the manager. He asked when I would pick up the car and I told him on Thursday. On Thursday I went to get the car and asked to speak to the owner or head supervisor. The staff said they were busy. I waited 15minutes and then asked again. They said the Supervisor was with a client. I paid for my car and left. I have since called back about 15 times. I spoke to the customer relations guy twice, he said he was looking into the matter. I have not heard from him in a week. It has been three weeks since this happened.
I need resolution on this issue: I need my money returned and a reasonable amount charged for the repair. I feel they took advantage of me becasue of my age, race, and gender. I want at least $200.00 back. Please help.

• K
      Oct 22, 2010

There must be more to the story than is apparent. Bud Kouts Chevrolet is extremely customer oriented and has been in business over 50yrs. I myself have been doing business there for over 20yrs. A family run christian operation that always puts the customer first. I have never known them to take advantage of anyone or allow race, gender or age to have any influence on fair treatment. Obviously there were some communication issues. But if the attitude you described was even partially true I have no doubt that the person you dealt with is no longer employed there. The attitudes you described would not be tolerated by any of the Idings. I have never known them to not follow through and they are noted for bending over backwards for their customers. I'm truly sorry you had such a poor experience but I would never take my business anywhere else in the Lansing area and will not hesitate to recommend them to anyone I come in contact with. KB