CheapTickets.com / being stranded in barcelona spain

1 Inglewood, CA, United States

To whom this may concern;

I purchased tickets through CheapTickets from LAX to Barcelona Spain in December 2017 for October 2018.

On 10/15/2018, my fiancee and I experienced what can easily be termed a horrendous travel event. It began upon our arrival at the Barcelona Airport on October 15, 2018. We arrived a short time before 7 am for our 9:15 am flight to check our bags. We learned that we were not in the system which was unbelievable since our reservation were made December 4th, 2017. Our confirmation number, M2YY8T and our ticket numbers, 016-[protected] and 016-[protected]. We went to the Lufthansa counter and were told that there was no scheduled flight for 9:15 am. Despite showing the agent my confirmed flight on my mobile device, he insisted that the flight did not exist. We were told to call the original booking agency to resolve the issue. We called Cheap Tickets and spoke to Christine and then Wem ( both very helpful) and confirmed our flight information and submitted this to my mobile device. After a 25 minute wait, a supervisor for Lufthansa was summoned and directed us to the United Airlines counter. We were told that the alternate flight had no available seats. We returned to the Lufthansa counter and demanded a flight to the United States and demanded an explanation as to why we had a confirmed flight that was not scheduled. We were then told that the flight had been canceled due to safety concerns. At this point it is near the original boarding time so we request to be seated with the other passengers who were scheduled to board flight LH1809 to Munich. After a lengthy wait, we were given a second booking number and directed back to the United counter. Again we were told there were no available seats. We returned to Lufthansa to be directed to American Airlines for yet another declination due to a dull flight...not once but thrice. This entire ordeal transpired with a continuous 3 hours international mobile connection with a Cheap Ticket agent (Wem) trying to resolve this issue. Not to mention our 3 hour international phone bill. You can imagine our cost for this international call. We finally got a flight to Chicago O'Hare at 7 hours after our initial departure time on American Airlines. During this ordeal we had no form of sustenance and very little water. To make matters worse, after paying for premium economy seating we were seated rows apart in middle seats. Seat number 16B and 18E, behind the wing seats in the very back of the plane. We were not notified of a flight cancellation by email or text by Cheap Tickets. We weren't given compensatory seating that was paid for 10 months in advance. We were subjected to the inconvenience of being stranded in a foreign country with no means of communicating in local dialect, we both had to take compensatory employment penalties, and we were displaced from returning to our home through no fault of actions we did or did not take. I want to reiterate, plane tickets were purchased December 2017. There is also the inconvenience of a travel plan that was supposed to be 13 hours that actually totaled a little over 27 hours. In addition, we're in a long distance relationship. I purchased a $500 ticket to fly from Atlanta to Los Angeles (Southwest Flight 982, Confirmation # WICR9N) to accommodate my fiancé on this 12 hour trip. We paid extra money to choose seats of our choice. When I purchased our flights, only 2 other customers purchased airline tickets prior to us. How can this happen? This is totally unacceptable!! We both travel enough to know that there are rights we have as passengers when we're inconvenienced through no fault of our own. We are highly disappointed in your customer service and the willingness to satisfy your customers on International grounds. This correspondence is to bring awareness to our frustration and allow agents and carriers involved to contact us so that a satisfactory resolution can brokered. We were told by Wem we would receive $150. This is an insult for what we've been through and the money we paid out for Byron's Southwest ticket, 3 hour international phone bill, and our additional cost to upgrade our seats. Timely attention to this matter is expected and will be most appreciated.
You can reach Byron at [protected] or Marlene at [protected]. We looking forward to a resolution asap.

• Updated by Chrishelle, Nov 11, 2018

So not share our phone numbers.

Ch