[Resolved] Cheapoair / not notified of canceled return flight
We booked our flight in August 2008 and in November 2008 they called because they found out our return flight had been canceled for Sunday so it was changed so we'd be coming back a day early.
We just called the airline to find out our return flight info since we didn't have a flight number only to find out it had been canceled in December 2008.
We never received a call from Cheapoair and they refused to take responsibility for not informing us. Their terms and conditions on their website are a joke since it basically says they take no responsibility for anything that happens.
We ended up paying more for a flight and they still might not refund us the correct amount from the first airline that canceled the flight.
Do NOT do business with this company and tell your friends. We wish we had looked for feedback before we booked with them. You'll never see negative feedback on their website because they won't own up to their mistakes.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 21, 2009
Dear Customer, the airlines undergo schedule changes on a daily basis, at times leaving the travelers without desired flights or original reservations. The airlines are solely responsible to find suitable flights for the passengers, and to advise us of any changes that occur. We notify our customers of any changes that we receive, it appears we received notification regarding the outbound changes, but not the return. Why would we not advise you of all changes.
The additional cost was your choice, the airlines will allow full refunds if the changes they have made are not acceptable by the traveler, however, the purchasing of new tickets is at the customers expense, and will be charged the applicable airfare. I do apologize for the airline canceling your flights and causing the inconvenience. If you have not received your refund, please contact me directly, and provide the booking confirmation, and I will be glad to research this for you.
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service 
- Cheapoair - myticket and my wifes ticket
- Cheapoair - didn't offer refund or alternative options when flight was cancelled - very poor customer service
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - flight
- Cheapoair - not existing flight with non existing seats
- Cheapoair - asking for a refund with a medical certificate!