Cheapoair / airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours

Is it not true that you can cancel an airline ticket within 24 hours if made online with no penalty? A law. Cheapoair thinks not here is an interesting conversation.

Hi I purchased a r/t ticket last night around 6pm EST. If I were to switcch the dates, and the price of the ticket was the same would there be any charge?

Thomas • 11:47 AM

You are now chatting with Aaliyah

Thank you for choosing online chat services. How may I assist you ?

All Fares/Charges Quoted on this chat would be the "total price per

person".In case of any technical issues, if our chat gets disconnected, you are

advised to chat again at a later time.

Aaliyah • 11:47 AM

Hi Thomas

Aaliyah • 11:48 AM

I will check that for you.

Aaliyah • 11:48 AM

May I have your booking number please?

Aaliyah • 11:48 AM

Also I wanted to use a discount coupon which I forgot to do. I called last night and the operator said there was no way to include the coupon code after purchase.

Thomas • 11:48 AM

Sure hold on a moment

Thomas • 11:48 AM

Thomas, you cannot apply discount coupon on existing booking.

Aaliyah • 11:49 AM

but if I cancel the flight and rebook then I could... ?

Thomas • 11:49 AM

Yes, you can.

Aaliyah • 11:49 AM

Again this is within 24 hours of booking

Thomas • 11:49 AM

Within 4 hours it is free cancellation.

Aaliyah • 11:50 AM

I don't know my booking number right now, but what is the general policy. I thought there is a rule you can cancel any airline reservvation within 24 hours of booking online with no penalty. Is that true?

Thomas • 11:50 AM

I don't believe the 4 hours is legal. I looked online.

Thomas • 11:51 AM

Within 24 hours USD 25.00 per person will be cancellation fee.

Aaliyah • 11:51 AM

OK this is time to figure out why you are not following the law. Seriously.

Thomas • 11:51 AM

What is a change fee for less than 24 hours?

Thomas • 11:51 AM

Only fare difference will be charged.

Aaliyah • 11:53 AM

Also please send a link to where you say there is a $25 cancellation within 24 hours fee on your website.

Thomas • 11:53 AM

Thomas, it is nowhere mentioned, that free cancellation. It clearly states within 4 hours, if you will scroll down.

Aaliyah • 11:54 AM

The browser is unable to connect to the chat server. You will not be able to send or receive new messages.

Still don't believe you can charge a cancellation fee within 24 hours. So pretty much a. I can't apply a coupon after purchase. If I cnage the ticket I still can not apply a coupon. If I cancel th reervvation you take $25. Can you explain your last statement? nowhere mentioned that free cancellation.

Thomas • 11:55 AM

Also... Do you know it is a law in the USA that any airline purchase can be fully refunded with NO CANCELLATION FEES within 24 hours. See onine others have had this issue with you.

Thomas • 11:55 AM

On the website it is not mentioned that free cancellation within 24 hours.

Aaliyah • 11:57 AM

It is within 4 hours.

Aaliyah • 11:58 AM

You don't needd to mention free cancellation it is a law. You have many complaints. https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cheapoair-c23660.html

Thomas • 11:58 AM

Broken record doesn't work. I am adding my concern to the lists online. You are not following the law.

Concerned that if it is a law CheapOair is relying on overseas customer service reps to avoid the law in the USA.

Re
Mar 9, 2016

Comments

• Ga
      22nd of Mar, 2018

Within the time it took to book the flight we realized that we weren't comfortable with one let of the trip and decided to cancel. Cheapoair charged $50 per ticket, stating that they had already issued the ticket hence the fee. Within minutes, not an hour, two, or many, but minutes. If that's not fraudulent then I don't know what is.