Chase Auto Finance / harassing phone calls

1 MT, United States Review updated:

My brother got a loan from Chase Auto Finance and used mine and my 75 year old mother's names as references. Chase never contacted us for a reference about him, but now that he isn't paying his bill, they tell me it's my responsibility to get him to contact them. Neither of us co-signed for him (and wouldn't because we know he doesn't pay his bills). The collector who is named Miss Parker, who's phone number is [protected] ext. 1607, said that she didn't know her supervisor's extension or name and that I couldn't speak to them at that moment. I asked them to quit calling my mother, as it is very upsetting to her and has her calling me crying because she thinks she should do something. And this is impossible because she lives on Social Security. These people are heartless, blood suckers. I have given them my brother's phone number and address, and they still call us because he won't answer his phone. He's a loser, and their company is ###. I'll be filing a complaint with The Federal Trade Commission and would encourage anyone having trouble with this company to do the same.

Comments

• Am
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I have had the same problem but was making my payments.
    Chase is a bad company with a lot of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. They got too big and now they suck.
    I would just forget about it and get your son to just hand over the car and be done with it, feels great when you get them off your back.

• Na
      21st of Mar, 2009

I know I am about a month behind on my car loan I was down to working 2 days a week they should be happy they are still receiving payments
    These calls have got to stop I was at work and this lady went off!!!

What a way to start my morning I was in shock ready to go off on her if she called back how unprofessional.
    Needless to say I will be filing a complaint with The Federal Trade Commission.

• St
      30th of Jun, 2009

I agree, I couldn't make my payment anymore. At one time I was working two jobs to feed the kids make the house payment and aslo, make the truck payment. I am single incomed, and when it got to be too much I had to let something go. So I called Chase and asked if I could do a voluntary repo, the guy sugested that I take it to Car Max and sell it to save my credit. I agreed. Chase agreed to the amount for the sale and took the check, leaving me with a balance. The next month I received a bill for over a thousand dollars, demanding that I make a payment of that amount. I couldn't and said so. They wouldn't budge on the payment price. Now they keep calling threatning to garnish wages, repo the truck I co-signed on..which isn't even mine. And I have to listen to their stupid hinnies every day threatning. I have kids to worry about and keeping a roof over their heads and food in their mouths. This company needs to hold up to what they promise or at least work with people who are willing to do what they can.