Charter Communications / partnering with offerwire fraud

1 MI, United States Review updated:

Ordered Charter cable tv through Offerwire in May and then began the nightmare of submitting and resubmitting rebate forms for $150 & $40 Visa gift cards. Offerwire had verbal told me in October that my resubmission was valid and I should expect to receive the Visa cards in 4-6 weeks. When nothing came, I called Offerwire again, and they said the order was invalid for the 4th time! Now they are claiming that I was a past customer of Charter and that the rebate offer was only good for new customers. I don't ever remember having cable and if I did, it was over 10 years ago. When I was placing my order with Offerwire and discussing the rebate, at no time was I asked about being a previous customer, or told that this would prevent a rebate. I don't know why Charter even works with such a disgraceful company and if we had the option of switching to another cable company we would. Since I'm not under contract, I have half a mind to drop our services all together. We spend $150 a month for Charter and I looked at the $190 rebate as a way to offset the annual cost. Both companies should be investigated for fraud by trying to lure people in with rebates they will never honor. Offerwire is nothing more than a scam and Charter has no excuse for dealing with them.

Comments

• Vo
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I agree because I have the same problem with receiving a gift card from Charter that was advertised with a bundling promotion. I do not understand why they would advertise this if they are not planning on providing the gift cards in a timely manner. Frustrating, to say the least.