Changi Airport / rude and racist custom officers
I would like to lodge a complaint regarding the Singapore Changi Airport Custom officers at Terminal 1 Premium Check in Suite.
We are Australian passport holders. We booked our tickets from Singapore to Xiamen through Bravofly web site(http://www.bravofly.com.au/), it only allowed First name and last name to be entered.
We were told at Singapore Airport that there is a special requirements regarding to middle name by Xiamen Airlines, the check in staff (from Premium Check in Suite) said that our middle names were required because we are Chinese. We were insulted by the comments made by the check in staff that middle name is not required for European, in particularly she mentioned that a Caucasian is not required to match middle name. Xiamen airlines has special requirements on middle name but its system refuses to change middle names for more than 4 characters.My wife's middle name contains 5 characters, so we were forced to purchase an additional costly ticket from Xiamen airline without any option and help from airport staff. We were warned by Xiamen Airline on the phone that ticket might be unavailable if we didn't pay for an additional ticket immediately. Xiamen airlines didn't accept international credit card payment, we will definitely miss the flight and stuck in the airport without payment from my relative from China. We felt helpless and under enormously pressure at airport. We travel regularly but this was the worst nightmare we ever had, it ruined our tour. Singapore Airport said they were following instructions from Xiamen Airlines. We suffered a total lost of CNY6134.00 plus enormous stress from this ordeal.
More Changi Airport Complaints & Reviews
- Singapore Changi Airport - extremely rude security officers 
- Singapore Changi Airport - rude and racist custom officers 
- Singapore Changi Airport - entry restricted
- Changi Airport - rude duty free sales staff 
- Changi Airport - rude sales staff
- Changi Airport Group - unethical behaviour
- Changi Airport Group - food poisoning
- Changi Airport Group - terminal 2 arrival / lost and found counter
- Changi Airport Group - rude and arrogant airport t4 security officer mr roslan
- Changi Airport Group - customer service