Certified Tire / rip off!

1 allesandro blvdMoreno Valley, CA, United States Review updated:

I witnessed the complaint of Mr. Boyd. he has every right to be angry. he was told several lies about his car and then they hid his keys until he signed a paper. These type of shops give good shops a bad rap. I know at least 3 people who claim they had the same kind of problems. Enough already...

More Certified Tire Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Lj
      26th of Jan, 2009
    Certified Tire - Scammers!
    Certified Tire Center
    N. Johnson Ave
    El Cajon
    California

I have done my own oil changes on my Honda Civic for a while but i just recently moved into an apartment and no longer have a work space to do it on my own any more. I took my car to Certified Tire in El Cajon to get my oil changed and they did a free inspection which came back with a huge list of things they said needs to be fixed on my car. I shake my head at them and said no thanks, just do my $15 oil change and i'm out of here. So they did it. The next time i brought my car in do get an oil change they did the same thing, a very expensive list of things that they say needs to be fixed, i said NO! It's not necessary in my opinion. So they change my oil and when i pick up my car they said my oil pan drain plug is striped out and the whole oil pan needs replacing!! So, all of sudden the threads are messed up but the last time they changed the oil it was fine? And all the times i changed my oil myself the threads were fine too. This is what they do to make money!! They obviously aren't making much profit on $15 oil changes so it's just a way to bait people in to convince them other things are wrong and if you don't want them to fix them they will CREATE something you will HAVE to fix. Now my oil pan plug is messed up thanks to them (they don't just suddenly become striped out in one oil change). They obviously did it on purpose to try to squeeze me out of more money. I will take my car to a friends garage and repair my car myself and not give them the satisfaction of making money that way. Lesson to be learned, THESE COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE MONEY ON CHEAP $15 OIL CHANGES, THEY ONLY DO THAT TO BAIT YOU IN AND UPSALE YOU ON EXPENSIVE SERVICES AND IF YOU DON'T BITE ON THE BAIT THEY WILL MESS YOUR CAR UP AND MAKE YOU FIX IT!! I will never go back there again.

8th of Jun, 2011

my brother and i went in to get an alignment about $150 and they didnt try to sell him any more while i was there cuz i know about cars so they wait till we leave and call him and try to sell him $900 in bull ### work that he didnt need and i know he didnt need it i work on cars my self