Certegy / checks denied!

1 P.O.Box 30296Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-543-6315

This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. My roommate and I had been cashing our checks at Wal-Mart since we gained employment with a local bakery in September of last year with absolutely no problems until March 8th, 2008. Both of our checks were declined. Of course that was upsetting especially since we have been doing it weekly for months now. We are both without a bank account and this used to be a very convenient way to cash our paychecks. Upon the denial of the checks, we were printed out a receipt with a phone number and very minimal information about Certegy, the company that provided the denial. It stated that if you wanted information about this transaction to call. So I did. The lady that I spoke to was very nice, she explained that it was not any fault of ours, and may never happen again, but that there was something that my employer needed to clear up and to have them call. As irritating as that answer was, I went with it and had to go somewhere else to cash our checks. then, for some odd reason we thought that there was just some fluke in their system and went back to try again the following week, especially since we were told that it may not happen again. Once again denied. So upon returning to work that next week, I informed my boss of the situation, despite wanting to involve them at all. She got on the phone with Brian, an extremely rude and unhelpful representative at Certegy, who informed her that we were feeding her a bunch of bull (in those exact words, too) and that there was nothing for her to clear up, but further into the same conversation, informed her that she needed to get a letter from her bank stating that their account is valid and that it is in good standing. The company I work for has been doing business with the same bank for 60 years!!! It is not possibly and rather unexplainable how their account can go from being valid to being in-valid in the span of 1 week. Certegy could not explain it either. Their only solution was a letter from my employers bank and then it would take 3 business days to clear up! I just cannot believe that this much hassle could come out of wanting to cash your check. It makes me curious to know if Wal-Mart is at all aware of the headache and inconvenience that this company is needlessly causing WAL-MART customers. I always shop at the store when I am done cashing my check and they are preventing me from doing that. I would hope that they would not want this to reflect upon their company, but to me it does because they picked them and continue to use them. I plan on making a formal complaint with Wal-Mart, Certegy, the Better Business Bureau, and anyone else I think should be aware of the crappy service that this company provides. Not only will I never cash a check through any company using Certegy again, I will also no longer be shopping at Wal-Mart, until something is done about it.

Comments

• By
      30th of Jul, 2013

tried to purchase a large item from Big Lots Uniontown PA & my check was DENIED. The cashier never gave me a reason, she did not know, but it did take my debit card from the same checking account with PNB. I was furious at them denying my check!!!
    Like to know where CERTEGY gets there information???? They better recheck their information, from what I see there is ALOT of complaints with this company!!! I still don't know what their reason for denial of my check. Have shopped in alot of different stores and was NEVER DENIED! I would like a answer as to why I was denied...

26th of Sep, 2013

The reason your check was denied was not enough information, usually means you don't write a lot of checks. You used your card for most purchases.