Certegy Check Services / erroneously returned checks!
We received a phone call that a check written to Albertson's Grocery Store was returned marked "Unable to locate account." Through conversation with them, it was determined that the check was misrouted to a Credit Union in Memphis, Tennessee (my bank is in Florida). I spoke with Certegy regarding the error and asked them to refer to a letter written by my Bank indicating that the check in question was never submitted to them for payment and that at no time would this item have been declined as funds were available.
In the meantime, I have had checks declined at stores based on the derogatory information in their database and Certegy insists that they cannot clear my name and this erroneous record from their database for at least 24-48 hours after arranging a payment to clear the item. In addition, they claimed that if I did not pay this check through them, rather than allowing the item to be re-run and paid through the normal system, then they would never remove this derogatory information from their database. This account is used to make purchases for my business and until this is cleared up, I am out of business.
The customer service people were rude and had poor skills at dealing with people who have been erroneously labeled "deadbeats". I have written a letter to the company, with a copy to the State of Florida Public Service Commission and the FTC. I believe this is a violation of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) and will file any possible complaints to end this discriminatory practice related to the check clearing process.
The consumer is left out of the error resolution process with this company. The regulators should be extra diligent in their oversight of and sanctions against this company, especially in light of the breach of security that they recently experienced through theft of consumer information and the sale of that information to marketing companies.
More Certegy Check Services Complaints & Reviews
- Certegy Check Services / Walmart - declined to cash a payroll check at walmart 
- Certegy Check Services - declined checks! 
- Certegy / Walmart - declined to cash paroll check 
- Certegy Check Services - walmart's check cashing services 
- Certegy Check Services - failure to cash my check! 
- FISGlobal.com / Certegy - declined transaction
- Certegy - check cashing
- Certegy - declined checks for no reason
- Certegy - denied a good check for no reason?
- Certegy - unable to write checks after 40 years of having the same account and a credit rating of 834 of