Centurylink Dsl / ultra unreliable service
I have had CenturyLink DSL in two of my rental homes for several years. I am an engineering director with expert level knowledge in networking. Over the past couple of years CenturyLink DSL with Static IP service has become ultra unreliable. I use the service to provide wireless internet service to guests in my rental homes but more importantly I use it to control HVAC, Swiming pool, Lawn Sprinklers, alarm system and security cameras remotly from Connecticut. The service has gone down 4 times in the past two years for periods exceeding a week and in one instance over two weeks. In every case it was a failure of CenturyLink equipment or programming errors at Century link office. Since I live 1500 miles from these two homes the script driven tech support is TOTALLY USELESS. I am currently experiencing an outtage at my home along with several surrounding homes with no end in sight. I am now exploring every possible option to get out of DSL hell. The support is in describably bad, on one (of many) occasion(s) after spending a week arguing with tech support i flew to Florida and met with them the Level 2 tech promised never showed up. Instead they sent a unqualified level 1 tech to investigate why my staticIP connection did not work. When he left he had disabled my phone service and reconfigured my DSL for dynamic IP, making the problem worse. I then had to call tech support AGAIN and beg to talk to a level 2 tech. After an hour on the phone the level 2 tech determined that the origional problem was that someone had accidentally deleted my account from the servers and switches. I had two more similar incidents over the past two years and I am currently enduring a fourth incident. I have totally had it with this company.
More Centurylink Dsl Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- Century Link - vacation plan
- CenturyLink - poor customer service and incorrect bills 
- Century Link - internet/I was told one thing and then it didn't happen.
- Centurylink Service - bad service to employee
- CenturyLink - cancellation of services