Century Link / missing refund check

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Recently, after many years of paid service, i switched home phone companies. Century Link sent me what i thought was my last month's bill. Instead it was for the following month, the month where i would not be using their service. Sadly i paid this. 30 days later they send me a credit invoice. Not a refund, just a credit invoice. So i called and requested they send me my money back immediately. I was surprised to hear that CL gives themselves a nice, long cushy 90 DAYS to refund any overpayments. What??? I paid this bill believing it was money due. I was not late. I sent it on time. And yet 30 days later they tell me i have a credit and i have to wait up to another 90 days to get it back. How incredibly rude and insulting. Had i been late at any time I would have immediately been slapped with a late fee. Yet they are graciously allowing themselves, what adds up to 120 days, to refund me a lousy $43. REally no where in those huge coffers can they find $43 and refund me my money? For shame, what a horrible, despicable practice to keep my money, earn interest off if it and then at some later date, return it. Honestly what would happen if all of America decided to conduct business this way? There would be a total collapse. Much worse than anything we've seen in recent history.

Fl

Comments

• We
      1st of Jun, 2011

Yeah, CenturyStink is a ### company I hope they go out of buisness with all the alternate / cheaper phone service options out there right now.
    They have no problem signing you up for there services, but when it comes to lower or discconecting your services they do everything in their power to delay you, or add extra charges to you.
    I'm looking to disconnect my service, and stop there marketing from contacting me. I'm pretty protective of my information, adn they want me to give my ss#, + all this other personal info over the phone. I went to C-L office to do this face to face, but nope they refuse to. Aren't they suppose to be a full service company. ### them for their run around game. I'm not giving SS# over the phone. I;ll contact the SCC (state corp. commission) and fill out a complaint form, or contact (800) 552-7945. That'll force them to have staff at every location to handle this issue, and/or force them to train their staff to handle these isssues. Ha ha

• Go
      18th of Jun, 2011

I am having the same problem over $12 they owe me since March. Centiry Link changes their story every time I call. 1 month, turned into 6-8 weeks and now it is 90 days!!! I wish consumers could turn businesses over to collection agencies for money owed!!!

• Mv
      24th of Jan, 2013

Century link owes me $159.00. The company tells me they have sent the information for the check to be written, and that was 3 months ago. I call weekly, spend half an hour on the phone to tell the same story all over again. Their answer is always the same. I will be there in 7 to 10 days...but it has never come. Isn't there a Federal Communications that watches unscrupulous billings??