Century Link / missing refund check
Recently, after many years of paid service, i switched home phone companies. Century Link sent me what i thought was my last month's bill. Instead it was for the following month, the month where i would not be using their service. Sadly i paid this. 30 days later they send me a credit invoice. Not a refund, just a credit invoice. So i called and requested they send me my money back immediately. I was surprised to hear that CL gives themselves a nice, long cushy 90 DAYS to refund any overpayments. What??? I paid this bill believing it was money due. I was not late. I sent it on time. And yet 30 days later they tell me i have a credit and i have to wait up to another 90 days to get it back. How incredibly rude and insulting. Had i been late at any time I would have immediately been slapped with a late fee. Yet they are graciously allowing themselves, what adds up to 120 days, to refund me a lousy $43. REally no where in those huge coffers can they find $43 and refund me my money? For shame, what a horrible, despicable practice to keep my money, earn interest off if it and then at some later date, return it. Honestly what would happen if all of America decided to conduct business this way? There would be a total collapse. Much worse than anything we've seen in recent history.
More Century Link Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- CenturyLink - internet
- CenturyLink - customer service
- CenturyLink - internet service
- CenturyLink - voice and internet service. first my voice. today is 12/27/18 and for 4 hours I have not been able to connect with a outbound call.
- CenturyLink - internet service in decatur texas