Central Transport / Punishes paying customers

We ran into financial problems and were paying off some invoices as fast as we could. I kept in touch with them and always paid them when I said I would. Now they are calling my customers and threatening them with collection. Theres nothing like taking a good customer who is paying and give him reason not to continue. We have alrady been embarrassed. They are even trying to collect on ivoices that are already paid. It takes their bookkeeping dept. weekd to post payments but it takes them seconds to call and embarass theircustomers. That is all they are accomplishing. It isn't even as if they expect to collect from our customers, they are just trying to cause problems. They are really making themselves worse then they are making me look. I could understand if I refused to pay or if we lied about sending checks. We don't. We pay. Shame on us!

Go

Comments

• Hu
      13th of Feb, 2011

This company is a joke. I brought a piece of used expensive restaurant equipment online from a reputable supplier in New York. I saw pictures of the equipment before I bought it and the supplier told me that there were minor dings in the equipment, but outside of that the equipment was in excellent shape. The seller arranged to have it shipped to my location in California and I paid extra for crating against potential shipping damage. The seller used a new shipping company that he had never used before (Central Transport) and arranged to have the equipment ship. About a week later the Central transport calls me to let me know that they would be delivering the item on a certain day within a (4)four hour window. The day before they delivered, they called to confirm the delivery and that I would be there to accept. I wanted the it delivered to a storage location, so I gave them my cell phone number, which they accepted, so that the driver could call me when he was close and I would meet him at the facility. They indicated that this was fine and said that the delivery should be between 10 am and 2pm and the driver would call when he was about an hour from delivery. Well, I waited for the call until 3pm and nobody from the company bothered to call. I tracked down a number for them and called their dispatch. The dispatcher told me that the driver was running late, but said he would meet me at my location in 1 hour (4PM) and would call if there was a problem. 4pm arrived and no call or delivery - I waited another 30 minutes at the location and still no call. I called the company back and was told that the driver had returned to the terminal and was gone for the day. WTF!...Here I was waiting around for these idiots and they couldn't bother to contact me - not even for arrangement to deliver at some later date? So, needless to say, I contact the seller and he was great and trying to find out what happen. The next day, I get a phone call from a driver for the company telling me that delivery he would be delivering my equipment between 10am-12pm. I was irritated at the last minute arrangement - like the delivery company's time was more valuable than mine. I told him to call me when he was 30 minutes out, at which time he said that he doesn't have a business cell phone and could not do that - WTF! I told him of the problem I had the first time and I wasn't about to wait around all day for him. He assured me that he would be there at 10:30. I agreed and met hi at 10:30am and he unloaded the equipment. Upon first inspection, the crate, pallets and shrink wrap appeared to be damaged or just a crappy job of crating by the shipper. But since I did not have the time to uncrate and unwrap the equipment I signed for it and left it in the storage unit. The next day I unwrapped the equipment and saw some pretty significant damage to the left side of the equipment. i also notice that there were dame to steel hoses and the pallets that the equipment sat on. I took pictures and complained to the seller, who said that he did not crate it like that and the damage was done by the shipping company (Central Transport). To both he and I, it looked like the heavy equipment had been dropped from a distance to cause the damage to both the crate pallets and equipment. The seller tried to mitigate on my behalf, but after about 4 weeks of dealing with these idiots, was told that my claim for damages was denied. Fortunately, the seller covered the damages.
    beware of this company..they are terrible and should be shut down by someone.

• Ks
      24th of Apr, 2015

Do not use this company for delivery, even if the business where you purchase your goods, sets you up with them. They do not honor any damage claims and will hold your shipment for days on their dock. Central Transport rescheduled my delivery 4 days in a row without telling me. Each day after waiting around for them, with a paid crew, they never showed up. I would call and they would tell me they got held up and would come the next day. When my shipment did come, there were holes in each of the pallets (15) and much of the shipment was damaged. Driver of truck (very nice guy) filed a claim over the phone for me while he was still there looking at the damage. I followed up on this claim and even though I submitted each and every thing they requested, they would still come up with an excuse. Many complaints with no resolution on the Better Business Bureau. Central Transport should not be allowed to do business.