Centerpoint Energy Houston TX / Equipment maintenance/power outages

1 1111 LouisianaHouston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 713-207-2222

Centerpoint is incapable of maintaining it's equipment. Frequently, as often as three times a month, a line fuse blows in my neighborhood with a boom and the power is out again. Sometimes it is followed with a louder boom and the transformer is gone again. With the temperatures in the 90's and high humidity, no air conditioning represents a health risk. You cannot contact a live person at this company unless there is a fire or a power line down - the only option is voice mail with limited choices. When a line fuse blows as frequently as it does, why can't they FIX IT and keep it operating???

Comments

• Nu
      19th of Sep, 2008

Yes, I very strongly agree with this situation. I live in a subdivision between Shepard Forest and Acers Home and our transformer always blows out when ever there is heavy rain and it has even burnt out two of my wireless web routers and a radio. Also there are about a dozen or so unkept trees that line our block that have over grown leaves that just rap around power lines and you can't even see the power poll it's self. Our power went out last Saturday morning when Ike hit; when I went out to inspect the damage on Sunday afternoon, there were downed, live power lines in my front yard. I had heard on the radio to report any downed power lines that seemed to be an emergency and I did, here it is a week later and no one from Centerpoint energy has even come out to take a look. I called them three times this week and explained to them that at one point the lines were sparking and that there were dried leaves and trees all around it and still nothing. I finally grabbed a rope, handsaw and a wooden pole and cleared the branches, leaves and parts of trees my self and removed the power lines my self. I got tired of calling Centerpoint so I called Reliant Energy directly and explained to them my situation and all they had to say was that I had a bill due on the 18th of this month, I told them that the weren’t getting one cent from me until my power was restored.