Centerpoint Energy / disconnection

Consuella Conner
Centerpoint disconnected my gas on Feb. 19 2009 in error. When I called them and reported it, they ensure me someone was coming out that evening to reconnect. No one showed up. No hot water, unable to cook for my family, and the weather outside being 40 degrees, they still don't know what happened. Called Centerpoint at 7:00 am on Feb.20. To inform them no one showed up. Once again, they don't know what happened. Assure someone will be out some time today to turn on my gas. There is one catch someone has to be home. I have to work, and unable to sit at home with no time frame of when the gas will be restored. As of now, I still have no gas, due to no fault of my own. Can I please get some gas?

A  10th of Sep, 2010 by
Centerpoint Energy has zero respect for their customers. I was disconnected 24 hours ago for non-payment. I paid them right away all the reconnect and deposit fees yet they still have not restored my service. I keep calling to ask when the service will be restored and keep getting we don't have a timeframe. Are these people understaffed or just flat out don't care about their customers. I would like to know if there is a way to file a complaint about their lack of respect and policies. I have a 4 yr old and we have had no hot water or been able to cook for 2 days due to their lack of concern. They can disconnect service right away yet they can't reconnect unless you pay them a bloody fortune.

CenterPoint Energy Logo CenterPoint Energy