CBCS Collections / Fraudulent Collection Notices

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

They sent me collection notice and called me about owing 1300.00 to an old Verizon account from over 12 years ago which I never had. I called Verizon to check and they said that there was no such account of mine from that time. In PA where I live the statute of limitations for bills like these to collect is 4 years.

This company has been doing this to others it appears. I am going to report them to both the PA and Ohio AG office. The address they listed on their letter they sent me is

Bi

Comments

• Fr
      18th of Sep, 2009

RECEIVED 3 CALLS FROM THIS NUMBER IN AN HOUR. It is a computer generated call. It said to wait, an agent will be with me shortly as all other agents are currently busy. I do not wait for someone who calls me. I only wait if I make the call. Is this type of calling legal? I am on the do not call list. What can be done to stop these types of calls?
    I have traced the number 904-722-2265 back to this company. I guess I'll have to check my credit report and see if they entered anything on it.

Fr. Allen

15th of May, 2011
    CBCS Collections - I get 10 calls A DAY
    CBCS Collections

I get a call at least 10 times a day. It is always to a different name. I plead every single time that it's the wrong number and every single time they courteously apologize give me their name and promise me it will never happen again. Invariably within the hour I get one or more calls.

Is their a way I can sue these ###? Can anybody help me? Lawyers, brain surgeons( I am going insane)

The calls always go ...hi this is Erica if this is ...

Also I tried talking to couple of supervisors - courteous but to no avail.