Casio USA / Fails to honor watch warranty

1 Casio Customer Help CenterDover, NJ, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Casio watch in February of this year. A week or so ago it fell off my wrist while walking through the house. I filled out the appropriate web form at Casio and sent the watch in for repair. On Monday (3/10) I received a repair estimate of $40 - nearly the price I paid for the watch.

When I called to inquire why they wanted to charge me for repair they indicated it was the band and not the watch and that the band was not covered under the warranty.

In fact the place on the watch that holds the pin that holds the band to the watch had broken. The band is fine

it is the watch case that failed.

They indicated they would notify me yesterday if they would reconsider by they did not call me yesterday or today.

Va

Comments

• Ws
      3rd of Aug, 2008

THREE DAYS AFTER I BOUGHT A CASIO DIGITAL WATCH, ITS INCREDIBLY CHEAP AND WEAK PLASTIC CASE BROKE AT THE PLACES WHERE THE WATCH BAND PIN HOLES ARE LOCATED.

IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE CASE IS NOT MADE OF SUFFICIENTLY STRONG MATERIAL TO WITHSTAND THE FORCE OF THE WATCH BAND BEING PULLED WHEN THE WATCH IS BEING STRAPPED AND OFF THE WRIST.

CASIO SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF IN MAKING AND MARKETING SUCH A POOR QUALITY AND DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.

• Pb
      17th of Sep, 2008

I purchased a Casio G-shock 5-11 series watch with a black resin band about 1 year ago. After wearing the watch for about 9 months the watch band began to disintegrate- first the loop that the loose band end tucks into broke, then the plastic loop that holds the clasp tore, and the clasp fell off. To make matters worse, Casio no longer makes a replacement band that fits this watch. There a many different watch band designs for G-shock watches, so it is difficult or impossible to get replacements.

The watch works still, but overall, shoddy design of the band. Very poor customer support.

My advice- don't buy G-shock watches, or if you do, get something other than the resin band.