Cash4Gold Cash 4 Gold / rip off: paid me about 1/10th of the jewelery's value

I was fooled by Cash4Gold. Enticed by their tv commercials, unemployed and needed cash to buy gifts for my family for Christmas '08, I shipped my gold jewelry and silver quarters to Cash4Gold. Lured with FAST CASH option ($4.99 fee) where $ would be wire transferred to my checking account, I signed the fast cash form. There was a CATCH: choosing FAST CASH voided the "10 day return policy" meaning I would get stuck to whatever amount they would give me. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

1 0.39 cts marquis-cut diamond ring (my engagement ring)
1 gold wedding band with little diamonds (my husband's)
1 gold bracelet
7 gold earrings
1 white gold earring with little diamonds
2 gold pendants
1 gold ring
40 silver quarters ($10)

Cash4Gold paid me a TOTAL of $138.74.
The silver quarters worth $10 = Cash4Gold paid me ONLY $3.16. I would have gotten more value if I dropped those silver coins in a vending machine to buy junk food. This is an OUTRAGE!

The sad thing is I trusted them to be fair in appraising and paying me a fair price. Of course, I did not expect to get near the amount I paid for those jewelry, which is $1, 000+, but I expected MORE THAN $138.74. Since I waived the 10-day return policy in favor of "fast cash, " I'VE BEEN HAD. Basically, Cash4Gold gave me 1/10th of the money I paid for those jewelry. TOTAL RIP OFF!

Cash4Gold had a Super Bowl commercial...WOW! Do you know how Cash4Gold could afford the Super Bowl commercial??? Because of FOOLS like me! BEWARE!!!

I am angry. I am humiliated. Please learn from my mistakes.

See photos of Cash4Gold purchase invoice and jewelry on my blog: http://h0dgep0dge-c.blogspot.com/2009/02/receipt-from-cash4gold-rip-off.html

N  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Wow. Just saw the sell you gold investigation on the Philly local station. Cash4Gold was the worst; not just a ripoff they steal outright!
Great station: rated the top 3 companys to sell gold on line to. Its an industrial refiner that has a precious metal refinery within. Go to www.progressive-environmental.com and click on the dollars for selling gold item. Good luck with the schmucks at cash4stupid people who are gullible to sell to them.

Steve W.
A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Got a similar newscast in the Chicago area. Same story pretty much. I got the phone number of the www.progressive-environmental.com company. They are in Barrington, Illinois. 800-323-9785. I called and they told me that they call you when they receive the material, tell me what they are willing to pay and if I say ok they send the check out the same day; if not they send the gold back at their expense the next day...payment in 24 hours from receipt.

Cash4Gold is a out and out ripoff. CNN says there are 388, 000 complanints so far against them. How do the authoritizes let them stay in buisness. Must be a payoff somewhere.
N  22nd of Feb, 2010 by