Cash4Gold Cash 4 Gold / rip off: paid me about 1/10th of the jewelery's value

1 Boston, MA, United States Review updated:

I was fooled by Cash4Gold. Enticed by their tv commercials, unemployed and needed cash to buy gifts for my family for Christmas '08, I shipped my gold jewelry and silver quarters to Cash4Gold. Lured with FAST CASH option ($4.99 fee) where $ would be wire transferred to my checking account, I signed the fast cash form. There was a CATCH: choosing FAST CASH voided the "10 day return policy" meaning I would get stuck to whatever amount they would give me. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

WHAT I SENT:
1 0.39 cts marquis-cut diamond ring (my engagement ring)
1 gold wedding band with little diamonds (my husband's)
1 gold bracelet
7 gold earrings
1 white gold earring with little diamonds
2 gold pendants
1 gold ring
40 silver quarters ($10)

WHAT I GOT:
Cash4Gold paid me a TOTAL of $138.74.
The silver quarters worth $10 = Cash4Gold paid me ONLY $3.16. I would have gotten more value if I dropped those silver coins in a vending machine to buy junk food. This is an OUTRAGE!

The sad thing is I trusted them to be fair in appraising and paying me a fair price. Of course, I did not expect to get near the amount I paid for those jewelry, which is $1, 000+, but I expected MORE THAN $138.74. Since I waived the 10-day return policy in favor of "fast cash, " I'VE BEEN HAD. Basically, Cash4Gold gave me 1/10th of the money I paid for those jewelry. TOTAL RIP OFF!

Cash4Gold had a Super Bowl commercial...WOW! Do you know how Cash4Gold could afford the Super Bowl commercial??? Because of FOOLS like me! BEWARE!!!

I am angry. I am humiliated. Please learn from my mistakes.

See photos of Cash4Gold purchase invoice and jewelry on my blog: http://h0dgep0dge-c.blogspot.com/2009/02/receipt-from-cash4gold-rip-off.html

Cd

Comments

St
  2nd of Mar, 2009

Wow. Just saw the sell you gold investigation on the Philly local station. Cash4Gold was the worst; not just a ripoff they steal outright!
Great station: rated the top 3 companys to sell gold on line to. Its an industrial refiner that has a precious metal refinery within. Go to www.progressive-environmental.com and click on the dollars for selling gold item. Good luck with the schmucks at cash4stupid people who are gullible to sell to them.

Steve W.

St
  2nd of Mar, 2009

Got a similar newscast in the Chicago area. Same story pretty much. I got the phone number of the www.progressive-environmental.com company. They are in Barrington, Illinois. 800-323-9785. I called and they told me that they call you when they receive the material, tell me what they are willing to pay and if I say ok they send the check out the same day; if not they send the gold back at their expense the next day...payment in 24 hours from receipt.

Cash4Gold is a out and out ripoff. CNN says there are 388, 000 complanints so far against them. How do the authoritizes let them stay in buisness. Must be a payoff somewhere.

Ab