[Resolved] CarTrawlerovercharged

Car Hire Detective (ERS)/ CarTrawler promised the lowest price for one week rental. Under 200 Euros. But when I arrived at Geneva Airport I had to pay over 300 Euros. Beware, don't fall for the same trap!

• Resolution statement

• CarTrawler Support's Response, Mar 03, 2011

Dear Car Hire Detetective,
    I am the Director of Customer Operations and I am sorry you feel you did not have a good experience when booking through our booking engine. Many times customers forget to factor in fuel policy or take out optional extras at the rental desk that they dont recognise on their final invoice. I'm happy to investigate the descrepancy between your rental voucher price and the price you were charged, if you care to send me the details at customer [protected]@cartrawler.com I will look in to the matter on your behalf.

Kind regards
    Paul McGovern

Mm

Comments

May 03, 2011

On april 15 I went to pick my that I make my reservation on thrifty an I cancelled the reservation because they want me to pay for insurance when I do not need insurance because I'm got insueance with geico an I got all the information necessary of my insurance.I call my bank and they do not received the $250.01 back on my account from you.My name is Manuel Maldonado my reservation #PR263794040 the reservation date of the charge to my bank was 4-4-2011 the dates of the reservation of the car was from [protected] to [protected] please return the money to my bank as soon as possible because we need the money.THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

May 03, 2011

I WENT TO PICK THE CAR.I GOT INURANCE WITH GEICO.

May 03, 2011

They just want me to pay for an insurance I didn't need.They want to gave them a credit card an I do not have one I gave them my debit but they said I need a credit card or pay for the insurance.they told me I could not rent the car without the credit card so they cancelled the reservation.