CarRentals.com / insurance

1 Orlando International AirportOrlando FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-340-4099

On Aug 5, 2010 I contracted through carrentals.com to rent a car for 4 days at the Orlando International Airport. The actual rental car was through U-SAVE. My credit card was charged for $44 for 4 days of insurance @ $11 per. Car rental states that the car will be held for 24 hours in the event of late arrival. Our flight was delayed almost an hour. Upon arriving at the baggage area I called for a shuttle pick up from U-SAVE. I was then told that they hold the car for only one hour and none were available. I called CarRentals right away. After much difficulty getting a person to respond I was told that the insurance was not transferrable to another rental co. CarRental made no attempt to remedy the problem. I even tried to get a U-Save car the next day to no avail.

I then rented a car from Alamo (National) for 1 day, hoping to get the U-Save on the next day. As mentioned, U-Save did not have on available that day either. The cost with Alamo was two and one half times greater.

Upon my return on the 19th, I requested a refund of the insurance paid to CarRental of $44 and was told the contract was not cancelled in time so no refund would be made, even though I had contacted them at 10:15 PM on the 14th to explain that a car was not available.

They are refusing to refund any part of the insurance, much less make an offer to encourage me in doing business with them ever again.

It is disappointing that CarRental would not advocate for me with U-Save and not even have any regard for my being abandoned in an airport late at night.

Why would anyone deal with either company as a result of this treatment.

Comments

• Ju
      23rd of Mar, 2011

I had reservations for the Las Vesgas Airport, thrifty, was quoted total costs would be 200.63 they ended up charging me an extra 33.61 in taxes and 80.00 for listing my husband as the driver, because the reservation was in my name and my husband was doing the driving it was an extra 80.00. Total scam couldn't speak to anyone since it was 1 a.m. Had to have the car so we paid the price, will never go thru car rentals.com again.