Carrefour / selling of spoiled nz lamb meat & unprofessional handling by management

Jordan

Carrefour location at Irbid, Kingdom of Jordan:

Bought 50 JD worth of meat of NZ lamb on eve on 9/21. Meat was bad & smelled awful. I washed/drained the meat to remove the stink but at no luck. Returned it on am of 9/22 & shocked by Mr. Maher Azzam unprofessional handling of my complaint. Despite concurrence by passing -by customers' that meat was 'not good' and 'won't cook it for being bad'. Mr. Azzam insisted that meat was good & got his confirmation from standing-by supervisors/employees. He stated he was even going to put it back for sale (even though it left the store) as the smell is normal & is from being in vacuum packaging (which is NOT the case) and that I should not have washed the meat. I've been consuming NZ lamb all my life in US & in Jordan & did buy frequently from Carrefour, Irbid. He did offer to refund me the price without trying to resolve my situation by offering good NZ meat or other acceptable type of meat, which forced me to go to safeway & buy the meat there. I asked for 3 JD (5 USD) for my round trip taxi fare & were told the GM, Mr. Tareq Boshedeed needs to approve. I kept waiting to speak w/GM but he did not show & I had a dinner to buy meat for & to prepare. I did ask for him to call me & GM did not. Needless to say, this is NOT the type of handling I expect when shopping at my Carrefour store. I wish to be contacted by the GM to discuss this matter further and I wish to be reimbursed for my taxi fare. I did send the same complaint to local Carrefour. Thank you. Zeyad Essa, +[protected].

Ze