Carnival Cruise / actions taken

1 Long Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

I’m writing this letter to alert those future victims of Carnival Cruise line. I purchased a trip to Mexican Riviera for the week if 4/27/9. The cruise line made a bad decision to embark everyone and sail knowing that US Department issued a notification stating not to travel to Mexico. The alerts from the US Department and CDC both were announced on April 25 and April 27 and 28, 2009. There were alerts of the epidemic announce & well known but Carnival cruise line continued with boarding the ship. Carnival Cruise failed to cancel the trip and continues to not communicate with other scheduled cruises. I have other friends that boarded from San Diego on 5/3/9 and Carnival again took the same actions to not announce the changes of itinerary until all passengers were on board the boat sailed.

This is unfair to everyone, people work hard and save money to take their family on vacation and Carnival Cruise line has been very unfair to provide an unreasonable credit of $20 per person. Not only did we not go to the desired destination but the option of (Sf, Ca) given would cost me $49 dollars to go from LAX. Also due to having to been stuck in the ship for 4 night 5 days we as a family spent over $1, 000 on expenses on the boat providing additional monies given to Carnival Cruise. . I FEEL that Carnival’s decision to continue to embark passengers is driven by greed and to deny any obligation to issue any refunds or credits. No solution to this dismay has been provided.

Comments

• Mu
      12th of Jan, 2011

We have been requesting since June, 2009 for a refund from Carnival due to a cancelled (by Carnival) cruise to Encinada, Mexico. Our replacement cruise was to Catalina which we could have gone to San Francisco and boarded a boat to Catalina for less than $10 for a day there instead of the money for a cruise. They refunded part of our money but still owe us approxamately $182.00. While not a lot of money, I feel this is theft and they continue to get away with it. They said it was in the booking materials when we booked with them. Problem is, we did NOT book with them, we booked through Southwest Airlines travel so we didn't get any material from them. What a rip off company they are. We took a cruise a few years back to Cosumel with them and had a very enjoyable time. Good food, entertainment, large cabins. But we will never travel with them again. I've posted our experiences on here titled "Won't refund money". And what I wrote was only the tip of the iceberg...it goes on and on and on...
    Good luck...we aren't getting any satisfaction from them!