Carmax / Ignorant salesmen and rip off

Ok, seen reviews before I went there; many awfully bad, but I need to sell my truck so I can move. Well, went to the new location in Colorado Springs, everyone cool and all that crap. Till I came back from smoking.

These people have the nerve to tell me that a 42255 mile S10 2003, never crashed clean title, excellent mechanical condition, 2.2L, with 20" rims, and iPod connection has the value of 1700... WTF?! I’m not a crackhead.

And when I tried to get the "manager" to see the odometer, he just wouldn’t let me talk, and told me that if they buy my truck, they will put it for auction not the lot, hoping for someone to take it for the same 1700, right, and apparently I had a sign that said sucker. And this is the kicker, the test driver?, that dude need to get another profession because he seemed so confident on describing the aftermarket parts on my truck, he don’t know a stock shifter from a short shifter, and on their words "aftermarket stuff don’t matter...", right Sherlock. Since when, someone tell me, lowering a truck compromises the integrity of the vehicle? So apparently there’s an infinite amount of suspension companies that want to get sued... I would feel so much better if I could just punch that dude square on the face, how can you sleep at night being a liar of that level.

I know if I sold my truck, and while I was buying drugs [maybe I look like a junky] they would get all OEM parts install them in about 3-4 days and have a 10000 dollar truck, my truck as it is by KBB is 8600 and I noticed that most of the cars are "below" KBB but that’s because of so many suckers that keep going to this company. Regular dealerships are better, some haggle and pressure won’t kill you.

Bottom line, if you want to lose money big time selling your car, Carmax is the way to go, they will square you away.

Va

Comments

• Av
      18th of Aug, 2008

You want to lose money, sell your car to any dealership. If your aftermarket garbage is so valuable, put the stock stuff back on and resell your chinese parts. Sounds like you are the type to paint the interior of your car lime green and put krylon flames on it. Sell your junk on craigslist to another ### who coincidentally has the same poor taste as you, and stop crying.

18th of Nov, 2008

I'll just punch you in the face if I don't agree with you! Good posting. You sound like a real gem. Who cares what carmax offered you, you took the car to them, had someone go out and look at it for free, and when you didn't get what you wanted you through a temper tantrum! Man-UP. Thank them for their time and sell the POS yourself.

• Wh
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Yeah, go sell your aftermarket parts for $1 million and then go back and sell your truck to carmax right?

• Re
      25th of Feb, 2010

Wow, they looked at your car for free and gave you on offer for it, what nerve. Good thing you left without selling it to them cause you were probably able to get way more for it. You did end up selling it didnt you?