[Resolved] Carid.com / price matching promise is just a marketing gimmik

Bottom Line -- I don't support any company that claims to price match, and then changes the policy on the fly if they feel the price is too low. If you make the claim, stand by your claim, even if it means it is below cost!!!
Do they have price match? Yes, but only if they want to. If you find a price too low, they give up and say they cannot go any lower. Depends on which rep you talk to on what price they will match. Amazon has cheaper prices in their marketplace stores, which are backed by Amazon guarantees. There are so many inconsistencies with CARID and its policies. One rep will tell you they will match Amazon, while the next rep will say it is a membership based website so they don't price match. You don't have to be a PRIME member to get Amazon prices, so that excuse was just their way of saying we cant match the price.

• Resolution statement

• CarId Customer Care's Response, May 04, 2017

Dear delapi,

Thank you for taking time to post this feedback. I am sorry to know, that the price match policy was not honored. This is not acceptable and I would like to look into this to you. Please email me at greg.[protected]@carid.com with the link to the competitor's website and I will get back to you with the quote.
    I do apologize for all inconvenience this unpleasant situation had caused to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,