Carid.comdon't buy anything from carid

Don't buy anything from carid. They are rude, and don't care what happens to your order. Go directly to the manufacturer. Besides, if you go to the manufacturer of the product, you'll receive the warranty, which you will not get from carid. I ordered rain deflectors for my bmw x5, and they wouldn't go in as easily as the carid site claimed. The back-ends of the deflectors snapped when the window went up. Carid told me that it was a faulty installation. I called weathertec directly and they gave me a discount on a new set (carid wouldn't) and they are shipping them for free and if they break weathertc will replace them free of charge.

Ji

Comments

• Ca
      Apr 29, 2011

Hello Jiklane,
    I reviewed the feedback below, I apologize for our customer care representatives if they sounded rude in any case, this is against our company's policy and is absolutely not acceptable. We perform trainings and arrange classes every week with agents that are new to improve the knowledge of procedures. Manufacturer's policy is very strict in case of the warranty replacement if part fell of the car, though in this case we always submit a request with most possible amount of details to get the replacement. I will approach this king of warranty replacements and in future we will make it much easier for our customer. As a company we grow and every step we take is towards customer's comfort placing the order and enjoying our product.
    If you will have any concerns on the service level or will nor receive the satisfactory service please email to [protected]@carid.com attention Gary

• Un
      May 02, 2011

I am in a dispute with them right now, because I ordered a set of car mats for my 2008 Honda Accord, on April 19th. They sent me an e-mail stating the order would ship in April 25th. That was fine, however, my husband surprised me with a set on April 20th, so I called them on April 21st to see if I could cancel the order. At that time I spoke to two different people (one in customer service and one with shipping) and both assured me that the order was canceled. On Saturday, April 23rd, I received an e-mail stating the order had shipped. After going back and forth with them, I was finally told that if I destroyed the thick carpeted floor mats, and sent them a digital picture of the destroyed mats, they would refund me 50% of the order. Their customer people are rude and refuse to even entertain any other solution. What a joke. I have an investigation open with the Better Business Bureau, lets hope I receive some satisfaction. Bottom line, NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CARiD!!!

• Ca
      May 02, 2011

Hello,
    I have carefully looked through your feedback, as far as I understand you ordered Lloyd mats which are non returnable due to manufacturer's policy, the only case is if you do not like the quality of mats we can provide with the 50% refund upon destruction of mats, this is not the best policy I have ever met, though it is true. When ordering the mats you agreed with our returns policy where we clearly describe the return procedure for Lloyd products. In this particular case we did our best to stop the order, though cancellation process involves voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from backorder logs, having operations personnel pull items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock. Once we received the reply to our cancellation request to manufacturer we notified you.
    Lloyds are one of couple products on our product list who's products have this return policy. For 98% of our items we have a 30 days return policy an NO restocking fees.
    We still deliver the high quality product, and to balance between manufacturer's restrictions we will be happy to provide you with the good discount any of your future orders.

• Et
      Aug 17, 2011

I strongly agree that you should NEVER buy from CARiD.com. I placed an order on Aug. 1st, and my credit card was charged the full price of the item that day, it is now Aug. 17th and my order has been delayed two separate times. Needless to say, I am rather furious by their EXTREME incompetence right now. They claim the delay is because of the manufacturer, and it is beyond their control, but if the manufacturer does not have the product, then why does it appear to be in stock on the CARiD website? This is all beyond unprofessional, and I personally do not believe CARiD.com should legally be operable. I STRONGLY discourage anyone from EVER using CARiD, because I will surely never again do business with such unreliable, disreputable people. I wish I would have read the hundreds of complaints before I'd placed my order, because then I never would've wasted my time.

• Bo
      Sep 17, 2012

CARID (www.CARID.com) selling automotive accessories is a SCAM.I bought from them an item for my 2011 Town and Country.The order came 2 mos. later and they said its the manufacturers fault even thought i dealt with them.I paid the item using my credit card (price of the item plus shipping) but when it was delivered to me UPS charged me another one for the shipping cost.CARID IS A SCAM.Better buy at AUTOEVERYTHING (www.autoeverything.com).

• He
      Jun 06, 2014

As many others I am a very unsatisfied one time only customer. Carid took my money and then took two weeks to fulfill my order (which I haven't even gotten yet). Emails went unanswered, requests to cancel my order denied. I am simply taking my order when and if it gets to me (and hope they didn't screw it up like so many others) just so that I don't have to deal with this POS company anymore. I will never do business with Carid again and I will spread the word around so that others don't fall into their scams.

• Pi
      Oct 01, 2015

Ordered nissan trailing arm bushings the Web site shows both bushes for both sides got 1 the total amount paid at check out is for both I got 1

• De
      Apr 25, 2016

I purchased a grille guard for nearly $450. It arrived damaged, which was not apparent from the packaging. CarID has refused to accept a return or allow a refund. I now have $450 worth of useless scrap iron.

Jul 15, 2017

Awful company. They are frauds. Don't by from them!

• Jl
      Oct 15, 2017

I have ordered from them Tried to change the product on the order before it was shipped, but still got what I had ordered in the first place. I really can't complain, cause did get it installed on the vehicle which fitment was like the original manufacturer part other than looks. I think I would have liked the looks of the other ones, but wouldn't have been any better than what I have received from them.