Care.com / deceptive automatic billing - horrible customer service!!! stay away!

Oswego, IL, United States Review updated:

After discovering that I have been continuously auto billed for a year after a one time charge.( Apparently there's small print stating it's an automatic subscription) I could not speak to anyone in billing department, you have to wait to hear from them through email and their refund decision is final! Customer service rep hung up on me after denying me the option to speak to a supervisor! And after I was denied a full refund I replied to the email and no response! They don't play fair! I have never dealt with a company that refuses to help you! They just don't care, they have your money and that's all their is to it!

Na
Jul 18, 2016

Comments

• Kr
      Jul 22, 2016

AGREED! Finding people on this site is ok at best. Try finding a person you know who is on Care.com? Impossible.

But the worst thing of all is their continued charges (charging me more than $100!) even when you say you only want to do one month. So I was charged full price for 5 months. Great. Reaching them to discuss it? Forget about it. Oh, and stoping their ridiculous emails? Never gonna happen... even after you stop using them.

And when seeking their ind print in an effort to close the account, I did find a page that said I couldn't sue them. Hmm... why would that be there? Clearly they have been sued a lot.

DO NOT USE CARE.COM!

• Ca
      Aug 04, 2016

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our auto-renew subscription. We understand that this can be a source of frustration for some of our members and we’d like to provide you with some context as to why our membership is designed to renew. At Care.com, we know that the process of finding the perfect caregiver is no easy task and we set out to make that experience as helpful and seamless as possible. We cannot know for certain which stage of the search/hiring process each customer is in, so we put the control in our members' hands to inform us when they have fulfilled their caregiving needs. We do our best to make the process of discontinuing your paid membership an easy one, but we welcome your feedback if you found that was not the case.