Having problems with Care.com?

Care.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 14, 2008. The latest review Terminated account was posted on Mar 16, 2021. The latest complaint Unauthorized charges was resolved on Apr 22, 2020. Care.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 283 reviews. Care.com has resolved 84 complaints.

Care.com Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 227 3115 (United States)
+61 180 085 4593 (Australia)
+64 800 449 561 (New Zealand)
77 4th Avenue, North

Switzerland
Limmatquai 94, 8001 Zürich

Care.com Complaints & Reviews

Care.comTerminated account

I've only been a member on care.com for about a month now and today was the first time I received two responses from two "Special Needs" jobs I really wanted! We had planned to have a phone interview later this week and about two hours later I get a notification saying my account is closed. I tried numberous times via the app and website to log in but it said my account doesn't exist. I read through my email and the reasons given why an account may be terminated and none of them have any good reasoning behind why my account may have been canceled. I am SO bummed. I really wanted to work with those individuals. I feel for any of you who may also be researching for any possible reasoning for the termination. I've lost so much respect for this company.

Care.comService

MARCH 3, 2021

While corresponding with a potential client, Barbara, ...we mutually agreed

to select a time to write.. In my message to Barbara, I WILLING gave her my

phone number to Text if she liked.

I went back to see her message to me and discovered that My phone

number had been X'd out by care.com!

Barbara message to me ..I can't call .. your # is X'd out.

Then I was locked out of my 10yr account for at least an hour.

An hour later.. I got back in. Barbara wrote that she had hired another

person - she couldn't reach me.

I LOST the opportunity to interview with Barbara.. potentially costing me a job!

Complained to care.com - they sent me nice email.. suggesting i boot,

delete my cache/cookies, change browser, etc. Note: My computer is fine.

No other problems except with care.com.

I believe, that I was and STILL am, TODAY, 3days later, being intentionally

locked out, Because I dared to give out my phone number!

(which has never been against the rules)!

If this is true ..

How DARE they EDIT my message to a potential client!

How DARE they READ my private messages!

I would like my account unlocked.. or whatever.. as the problem lies with

care.com and or their software.

I would also like some acknowledgement ., . explanation as what is going on
    please.

Thank you for your help...

p.s. I am trying to make a living... and they, i feel, are interfering
    in my "rice bowl." I have little income and so this work
    helps a lot

Care.comAccount Termination for No Reason

My account was terminated while in the process of looking for a replacement nanny. I had hired, fired a nanny through their site, and was in the process of finding a replacement. I always follow the guidelines and pay for my membership. It just seems crazy that they wouldn't even give you a reason and have no method of contacting them about it. Especially for paying customers in good standing... I'm confused.

Care.comMembership cancellation

My membership was cancelled on 1/23. No reason was given, and no opportunity to appeal.

I get that care.com has the right to cancel my membership for any reason. It's a private site.

However care.com does not have the legal right to send an email to all prior contacts essentially destroying my reputation and causing significant long term financial harm without hearing both sides of the issue.

Whether I pursue it not it's legally actionable.

Oh yeah...snd care.com continued to bill after my account was closed.

Review boards are loaded with these same complaints.

Care.comAccount Deletion

Last night, I changed my name on my profile because I am nonbinary and have been going by my new name. My legal name is still on my account because it has to be. I woke up to a termination email. I have gotten several jobs from this site from babysitting to tutoring and even house cleaning. This was especially convenient with the pandemic. I hate that there is a policy that states they don't have to provide a reason for termination. How can I improve upon myself if I don't know what I did wrong? I'm a full-time student who makes their living through these jobs. I would like to know what mistake I made. Thanks

Kayden Allen
          (Karissa)

Care.comMembership

Hello, I have been trying to cancel my membership from Care Canada for several weeks. No one is answering the phone and I keep leaving voicemails and nothing. I am tired of you guys taking my money from my account. My name is morena yaneth tobar and I am asking you please stop taking money from my account. I do not need and want anymore the membership for housekeeper. If you have any more questions, you can reach me at [protected]@hotmail.com or call me at [protected].

Thank you.

Care.comSomeone committed fraud.

As you can see in photo's they committed fraud using my bank details. I filled in a normal registration form. Then they sent me another which I didnt fill in as it was clearly fraud. I reported this to Care.com and they refused to refund me. The payment from my bank says "care.com" so they are impersonating them. I called the person back and of course, they have blocked all calls. Im sure im not the only person they are doing this too.

Care.comAccount termination

Hello,
                I have been trying to log onto my account all evening because I had posted multiple jobs on the site (assuming this was the reason for my termination) I have been looking for a live-in nanny for my four little girls and having no luck locally so I decided to post in a few other locations nationwide (because you don't provide this feature on your site)
                I just called and the lady on the phone indicated that this was not the reason my account had been terminated. I don't see any other reason I would have been. I have been a member of your site for years and years and found so many wonderful people (currently our nanny of 7 years) so I would be really sad not to be able to use your services anymore.

Can you you please help me contest this termination? I really don't have another avenue to find someone.

I use it for travel nannies, housekeepers at the cottage... so many things! I really dont see what I could've done besides the multiple job postings.

Please help!

Care.comTermination of account?

Care.com has reached an all-time, scumbag-level low. Insisting long-time members like myself (who have used the site for ten years) pay a new subscription fee, then immediately TERMINATING their accounts once they finally have credit card and social security numbers. Nice scam, We-Don't-Care.com. And in the middle of a PANDEMIC, when older, AARP-type people like me have a difficult time finding any work at all. They were a great service in 2010. Now they're just corporate thieves. They must have a deal with Better Business Bureau, whose rating for them is A+ (but whose customer rating on the BBB site is less than 1 star.) I will enjoy watching this scam company go under.

May 13, 2020

Care.com — Bait & switch

Care.com shows many available jobs on Indeed and Simply Hired (by Indeed). Caregiving, housekeeping, nanny...

Care.comUnauthorized credit card charges

Please be so kind to refund me for two charges against my credit card for $57/each. One occurred on Dec. 13, 2019, the second on March 13, 2020. It was not at all clear to me, and perhaps others, that billing would commence prior to any contractual arrangement with a respondent. I had two responses in December, 2019, nothing since. Neither were appropriate, and certainly no contract ensued. The desirable resolution I respectfully request is a refund of $114.00. I followed the procedure on your website to "downgrade", which did not define the term. Your email indicates that I will have a "free" basic membership after the end of the current billing term. It does not confirm that I won't be billed again, nor does it assure me that I will be refunded for the sums you have already collected.

I have been polite, clear about my dissatisfaction with performance and your billing practice, and kindly request a prompt resolution. Thank you very much, Janet James, [protected]@indiana.edu

Apr 22, 2020

Care.com — Unauthorized charges

In March 2019, I created an account with Care.com for a 3 month period because I needed help with...

Care.comTerminating my account for no reason

I signed up for care.com and paid for the premium service. I found a job as a personal assistant quite fast and I still continued to pay for my membership but after I started my job I never signed into again for quite awhile until recently because my client became terminally ill and moved away.I signed back into care.com or at least tried to and found out my account was terminated. I called customer service and they said they cannot tell me why I was terminated. I did nothing wrong, I have a squeaky clean background record, excellent references so I'm dumbfounded as to why they did this. I tried getting around by making numerous accounts each time paying for the premium service and within 2 days I was terminated again and again. I'm recently widowed so I will probably be living out of my car soon. This is ridiculous and I should have the right to know why I was terminated.

• Care.com's response · Feb 28, 2020

We're so sorry to hear this, Liza. Please email us at [email protected] if you'd like us to review your account again. You can also message us on Facebook or Twitter.

Care.comAvoid this site as a parent

I joined care.com to find child care for my 3 year old. I posted a job and had two inquiries. Without any warning, I received an email that my account was closed. I called them and they said the usually that they can't tell me anything. I also emailed them and the same thing. I would avoid this site as a parent. They don't seem very reputable or service friendly at all.

Care.comWrongfully terminated!

I got great reviews & used care.com for so long! Then randomly I was removed and banned indefinitely for no reason? They keep giving me the stupid response of they have the right to terminate, yada yada yada. I lost a lot of jobs & families because it told them I was removed!!! I had great reviews!! I don't understand! I have emailed them, year after year, hoping for a better response. Used to love Care. Now I'll give it 1/10 stars for anybody who asks! Unbelievable!

Wrongfully terminated!

• Care.com's response · Feb 06, 2020

We're so sorry to hear your frustrations. Please send us an email at [email protected] or message us on Facebook or Twitter if you'd like us to review your account again. Hope to hear from you soon!

Care.comPremium membership

I signed up for a premium membership yesterday and then even paid extra to have my ad featured and for some reason my account was terminated in less than 24 hours of signing up. My wife has cancer and our nanny just quit on us with no notice. I bought my membership and paid extra because we need someone urgently for our 9 month old son. I called their customer service and it is a joke they way they treat you. The kid on the phone didn't even seem to care that I have a 9 month old son and a wife with cancer. I asked him if premium members were allowed to ask applicants for their phone number to contact him and he refused to give me an answer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said that someone will call me back. Nobody called me back. Since I joined I replied to 3 candidates and asked for their phone number to set up an interview. I asked the customer service rep if this was allowed and he refused to answer my question. I need to hire someone ASAP and just want my account active.

• Care.com's response · Jan 29, 2020

Mr. Lepore, we are deeply sorry for all that you and your family appear to be going through at this time and regret the stress it must be causing. It is unfortunate that your experience with Care.com has been so unsatisfactory and we always appreciate the feedback of our customers to help improve our processes. Review of your account has confirmed that your membership was terminated due to a matter that our team uncovered in the course of carrying out its standard protocols. As we make clear in our terms of use, for a variety of reasons, including to protect your privacy, we do not disclose the specific reasons or circumstances that led to our decision, which we have already communicated we are not willing to revisit. We understand this has caused you frustration for which we do apologize. I also wanted to confirm that your account was refunded the full subscription charge at the time of closure.

Care.comTerminated my account for no reason

Care.com terminate my account without no reason I worked as a nanny for 7 years have a great relationship with the families but one day someone call me for an interview at 3 pm, around 9 am my son have an alleger reaction so I call the women to tell her she was so upset and told me I will report you after that I receive that my account was terminate they did not even ask me anything

Care.comAccount terminated

I was a member for many years and then one day a few years ago, my account was terminated for no reason. I hadn't even had any contact with employers except for applications. When I contacted them to see why it was terminated, they sent me a copied and pasted email of their rules saying they didn't have to have a reason. I have tried multiple times over the last few years to reopen an account but it's always blocked immediately. Today I attempted again and it actually let me create an account and apply to a few jobs... I even paid for an upgrade. Just a few minutes ago I received the termination email. I don't understand what went wrong! Now I'm waiting on a response to my request for a refund since they misled me into believing I was accepted and then terminated my account after getting my money!

Care.comcare.com

I have used care.com to find a nanmy in the past, and when I was looking again - I went to use care.com.

We went to interview someone, who 20 mins after her interview time had not showed up and when called, said she was stuck in traffic and would be another hour and a half. I left this very accurate review on care.com and 24 hours later got a notice that my account was terminated. No mention as to why, no offer of a refund and no explanation as to why

So does the review system on care.com only work if you leave positive reviews for someone?

Dec 10, 2019

Care.com — It is awful

I had a care.com account for a long time and I even paid for it, this was my only job. My account wa...