Care.com / backgroung check

LA, United States Review updated:

Trying to get a background check completed and they keep running the wrong name. We have done this 2 times already please help. It keeps coming back ssn not verified

Comments

• Kr
      9th of Apr, 2012

Hi Kathy,
    Thank you for sharing your issue! Without looking at your account, which I was unable to locate, I would not be able to find out what is going on with your background check. Please feel free to email me at [protected]@care.com ATTN: Kristen so I can take a look.

Thanks,
    Kristen
    Care.com MemberCare Representative

• Do
      9th of Sep, 2012

I too was a member of Care.com until this morning. Without notice or expalnation they have teminated my membership. I guess when I registered a complaint with them regarding another member they didnt like that.

I was the person seeking the position and the complaint was against a woman seeking a care provider. She is an employee of an accredited adoption agency listed as their Executive Director. She asked me to pose as an employee of her company in order for her to secure a federal and state level background checks on me. Now mind you, I had already completed all of the checks that Care.com offers and they were clear of any issues. The adoption agency owner wanted more checks at the federal and state level along with fingerprints. Thats all fine and her prerogative but asking me to lie to these agencies in order to secure those checks was unethical and unlawful and I refused to cooperate.I emailed Care.com and told them the entire story.

So, I tell Care.com and bam, they drop me...so much for being an ethical and above board company. I am a mature woman not a teenager. I have been around the block in this world and am not a newcomer to the employment scene. There was no way that I was going to open myself up to that type of violation or unlawful action for any job.

Then I am verbally abused by another member who called me a B*&$#...I sure do hope that our youth applying for these positions are treated better. It would be very sad to think that these people "acting" like employers are breaking employment law across the counry and Care.com turns their back. BEWARE when a prospective employer asks you to do something (no matter how high the unemployment rate) don't do ANYTHING that you don't agree with...this is your reputation...protect it!

• Kr
      14th of Nov, 2012

Hello, I am a member care representative from Care.com. I do apologize for your experience. Anytime a member on the site is having an issue with another member, we encourage them to report their concerns either through the site or by contacting us directly. We do not terminate a membership for filing a complaint on another member of the service. These issues do get escalated to our safety team for further review so the proper decision can be made. There are several reasons why an account would be removed from the service, but per our privacy policy we cannot disclose specific reasons when an account does get terminated. Again I do apologize for the experience, but wish you best of luck in your future job searches.

• De
      7th of Aug, 2014

How are they running their background checks? As far as I know and being an employee for a company and running checks on people daily, I need a signed release form to run the checks. I dont understand what they are using to do background screens. Are these checks Nationwide criminal which covers sex offender registry and county they live in? Drug testing? DMV ? Any background checks done on someone require a signed release form.