Capital One Financial Corporation — attempting to open an online cd account
I tried to open an online CD account with CapitalOne. After following all of their confirmation procedures, Capital One was, after more than a week, unable to transfer the specified amount from my regular bank to the CD account. The representatives couldn't explain why and simply inferred that their computer was confused by the immediate account confirmation and that the transfer was stuck.
I then asked that the CD account be canceled and all of the personal information provided to CapitalOne be deleted from their database. I was informed that CapitalOne would not be able to delete my personal data and that they would hold it for five years. I am obviously leery about an incompetent organization holding my personal information for that long a period of time.
I would definitely not recommend CapitalOne to anyone for any financial transaction.
More Capital One Financial Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Allied Interstate / Capital One - harassing calls
- Capital One Securities Inc. - false winner of a shoppers sweepstakes 
- Capital One Bank - credit card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - 360 banking
- Capital One - customer service