Capital One / illegal treatment of mititary forces
My Son Vincent Anthony Martone has a credit card with Capital One.
> Vincent joined the Marines to serve his country on January 20th, and
> since that time has been at the US Marine Corp. Training Center at
> Paris Island South Carolina. During the time that a recruit is in
> training with the Marines, he does not have access to his mail,
> checking accounts...nor does he have the ability to pay his bills.
> Before He left for Paris Island he mailed out a Government form that
> informed your company that it is illegal to charge late fees and
> interest to recruits while they are in boot camp and that his account
> should be frozen until he had completed his training. Since then Capital One
> added over $250 in Interest and late charges to my sons account,
> and sent him to collection. We tried to communicate and explain to
> the customer services representative ( now that is real joke,
> because these people do not have the slightest idea of what customer
> service is all about), to no avail. I was just on the phone with the
> so called customer service department, and after being bounced around
> like a ping pong ball for 30 minutes I asked to speak to a supervisor.
> I offered on a number of occasions to pay my son's balance as it stood
> at the end of January before all the late fees and interest charges were tacked on, and he informed me that he could not approve that.
> He indicated I would have to pay the full amount, and had the nerve to
> lecture me that my son had a responsibility to pay his bills on time.
> I informed him once again that my son could not pay his bill that he
> was in a Marine Corps Boot Camp and had no access to the outside world
> until he graduated, and that what Capital One was doing was illegal.
> I asked him if he was ashamed of taking advantage of a 19 year old,
> who had decided to serve his country. And his answer to me was, and I quote:
> " I really don't care, you are talking to Capital One's service area
> in Canada, he's not serving my country"
This company should be put out of business.
More Capital One Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Capital One Financial Corporation - Capital One Quicksilver Card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - unsubstantiated credit card hold
- Capital One Bank - employee attitude
- Capital One Financial Corporation - kohl's credit
- Capital One Financial Corporation - customer service