Capella University / student loan and no job!

1 Minneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:

I graduated from Capella in March 2017 after completing my degree (PhD) in August 2016. To date, I remain unemployed, can not get a job, can not get help from Capella (except for a list of websites I am already on and how to write a resume) and I owe $1400/a month, DOUBLE what I expected to pay, which makes me question charges. I have a debt of $145, 000... more than a house in some parts of the country and I CAN NOT GET A JOB!!! I CAN NOT get help from Capella and I am drowning in debt. I believe I was over-charged for my degree (how can I owe so much, especially when I took off several quarters?!?!) and WHY can I not get a job? Is it the Capella name that is keeping me from it? (the success is 65%!) My teaching career has been excellent, with outstanding references and a track record that is incredible. This is mind blowing, a loan that is over $140, 000 and no way to pay, which has also impacted my credit score and personal life. It has had a terrible impact of my family and myself; personally, emotionally and mentally!

Ll
Nov 19, 2017

Comments

• Ca
      29th of Nov, 2017

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns, as well as connect you with our Career Services team, which offers resources and career counseling. Please send us an email with your contact information along with the information you provided here to learnersupport@capella.edu and we will have a team member reach out to you.

• Kw
      13th of Mar, 2018

I, as well, graduated in 2017 (with my degree completion in 2016). I have had no change in employment or income status. In fact, the position I was hoping to gain at the end (Research Psychologist with the NAVY) is not attainable, because they do not respect the accreditation of Capella. $110k down the drain. Unbelievable.