Capella UniversityCapella university left me in debt with no degree

N

I started attending Capella University in Fall of 2008 at first I thought I was receiving a good education online, but then as my class progressed in my degree class I noticed that I was failing because teachers were not receiving my assignments, or my papers were not up to Capella standards. I paid for my thesis class out of my own pocket and still was giving a failing grade. I was told that I had to pay out of pocket for my classes. I finally had the money saved up for my class and I was told they retired my program and I would have to start over. This university has put me through and wasted my money. I was not even notified that they were ending my program.

• Ca
    CarrieBass Oct 15, 2020

Capella takes your money and they give you the runaround by making you take classes over. No consistency and poor academic advising.

• Ll
    lllinvi Nov 19, 2017

I am in the EXACT SAME situation!! I graduated 16 months ago and still have no job, but Capella received $145, 000 of monies I owe but can't pay. My student loan is in a continuous state of deferral because I can't even make $200/month payment towards the $1400/month bill. I have called and emailed Capella, even applied for jobs there and NOTHING. the most I received was a list of online jobsites, that I was already on (even paid to be on a few!) and how to write a resume. I followed the resume help and still, NO JOB!!! This was the biggest mistake in my life!!!

• Ca
    Capella_Staff Sep 11, 2017

Hi, Nickie. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please send us an email with your name and contact information along with the information you provided here to [email protected] and we will have a team member reach out to you.

• Ll
    lllinvi Nov 19, 2017

@Capella_Staff I am in the same position...$145, 000 student loan bill, granted my degree in August 2016, graduated in March 2017 and CAN NOT FIND A JOB even though I apply to 5-9 jobs a week on all the websites you told me to get on. I have a loan I can not pay, that has been in deferment since it became due. I have taken away from my family, my 3 young girls both financially and emotionally because this situation has pulled all of us down. We are drowning!! I question the charges, as I should have only owed $80-$85, 000...not $145, 000!!! It would be so bad if I could only GET A JOB!!! I want to work!!