Canon Eos 40d / deceptive business practices

1 NY, United States

This company lists many products from Canon and they display great deals but they don't give you all the necessary details. I ordered an Canon EOS 40D because it was only $499 for the body. If you look most anywhere else you would think that this comes with the cables, batteries, boxes, software, manual, and the like. In fact you literally only get the body. My order never went through because I was informed that the item was not in stock and would not be for many weeks to come. I later received an email telling me my order had been processed so I called to find out what was going on. They told me the website states the item is not in stock. That's not true. They also told me I would have received only the body and none of the necessary peripherals required to operate the camera that any normal person would assume they would get. Furthermore, they told me they are not an authorized Canon dealer yet they list all sorts of cameras and lenses from Canon. Fortunately I wasn't ripped off but this experience reminds me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably is.

Wz