Canon Canada / The worst digital cameras!

Canon Canada Inc. 1400 Courtney Park Drive East Mississauga, Ontario L5T 1P7. I purchased the Canon Power Shot A75 on June 15, 2004 at Walmart for $454.07, it worked well until April 2007 when lines appeared on it when you tried to take a picture. I called Canon and they said it was a problem with them called CCD and I sent it to them April 07, 2007. You could look at the pictures on the memory card before we sent it to them.

They sent it back to us and the camera would not read the memory card for any function you wanted to do. I called them and they told me to send it back to them again which I did by Ground Collect Purolator on May 9th, 2007.

We have called three times about our camera and every time been told it is in repair, we bought this camera because we needed it and think we have given them more than enough time to check it out. We feel they have fried our camera and are not wanting to tell us this, this being the case I want a new camera. We have a normal camera we have had for 25 years and it is still working, I thought these digital cameras were the best.

Very Dissatisfied Customer

45 Wellington St. Smiths Falls

Comments

• Se
      13th of Feb, 2009

never let the big guys screw you... I just found a problem myself on my A75 today. Seems the sensors are gone on it and it's part of a recall.
    I will be sending it soon to get it repaired and will keep you posted on my outcome.

In the meantime I bought a new Fuji S1000 just in case...

• Pi
      25th of Apr, 2011

I mailed ($10 postage) my Power Sure Shot to Canon Canada in Mississauga for a defective CCD. They said they repaired it and sent it back to me and it did NOT work. Again I mailed it back (another $10 for postage). Second time they said it was a loose connection and they sent it back to me. Guess what, the camera still doesn't work, something entirely different is wrong with it this time. I can't get hold of anyone to fix this problem at Canon. I suggest people avoid Canon Digitals cameras, just not worth the trouble.